Chapter 4.1 | A Dizzy Mind

Start from the beginning

"Okay, I should be leaving now. I'll call you when I get there. Take care of Mr Cadwallader. Bye!" I say hurriedly and rush out of the door, not even bothering to say goodbye to her.

I see Caecelia waving at me when I reach the airport.

"You're late." She barks.

"I know. It was the party last night."

"Warned you not to drink too much."

"Doesn't matter now. I can be dizzy when I'm on the plane."

"Okay, go! Call me when you get there!"

"Will do!"

And I rush into the airport, the words,'Man, late flight, boyfriend, marriage, New York, Achorn, Mother, hangover, headache, love' all rattle inside my head.

~•~

Hey there!

I know this is a sorry excuse of a chapter, but there's been a lot on my mind lately. I'm working currently on another book, called 'One Way Glass' and since I've worked so hard on it, here's a sneak peek and the wonderful cover made by chrmar04. ❤

An extract:

An extract:

"My name is Elizabeth Rivers. I am nineteen years old. I lived in Alaska before the surge hit. I've been here in California ever since."

"Very good. Don't stutter when you speak. Remember, no one's going to hurt you." The doctor, Sutton advices with a small smile. The other doctor, Hugo de Vries snorts.

I take a small shaky breath through my mouth. After weeks of tests, and personality exercises and what not to prepare myself for what's outside, the doctor was convinced that I wasn't ready yet. I look at my reflection in the huge mirror facing me. My dark red hair falls in clumps down my shoulders, courtesy to my dislike for showers, and my huge golden eyes stare back at me with apprehension.

Are you really who they say you are?

"What would you say if they ask you where your parents are?" Dr Sutton's voice snaps me out of my reverie. I focus on his friendly face, unlike his companion, he has been cooperative, and I don't see a pinch of dishonesty in his features.

What reason could they have of lying to me?

"I'll tell them that my father died serving the army before the harmful chemicals spread out into the atmosphere. My mother succumbed almost immediately to the disease."

The same reason why they keep you locked in.

"And you, how did you survive?" For the first time, Dr Hugo acknowledges my presence. I immediately start to panic, because that was a question I wasn't prepared for. I rack my brain for something, anything.

"Hugo." Dr Sutton warns.

"What? Isn't that something people might ask her?"

"No." Turning his attention to me, he places his hand on mine, comforting me. "When someone asks how you survived the Surge, tell them you don't remember." Dr Sutton says, and they leave through the small back door, locking it behind them, leaving me alone in the same white drab room, with the same white drab walls, and the same white rose that was replaced everyday.

How did I survive the Surge?

☆☆☆

How was it? I'm currently on it's third chapter, so it will be a while before I publish it. Do check it out when I do, though!

Until next chapter then!