Chapter 20 - My Mother

Start from the beginning

Once changed, I go grab towels from my bathroom. We walk through the house, and into the backyard to see the boys already in the pool messing around. I go set my towel down and sit on the side with my feet in the water.

"Bradley, get in!" Justin shouted.

"I think I'm good right here. Thanks though." I smile at him, enjoying the sun on my skin.

But she caught me on the counter, it wasn't me.

Saw me banging on the sofa, it wasn't me.

I even had her in the shower, it wasn't me.

She even caught me on camera, it wasn't me.

My phone started to ring, I look up at the guys. They were all looking at me with different expressions. Kale looked like he was about to explode with laughter. Justin just looked confused. Damon looked at me like I needed mental help. And Lucas looked at me like he wasn't even surprised. Jess didn't even look up.

I smile sheepishly and pick up my phone, it was Eli. "Hey, bud! We are having a swim party, you should totally come over. I miss you!" I say suddenly really happy, he really is amazing.

". . .Bradley?" His broken voice fills my ears. I scrunch my eyebrows together and stand up immediately.

I walk over to Jess laying in the law chair, and start to hit her, putting him on speaker. "Eli? Bud? What's wrong?"

"My dad, he. . .," His voice cut off.

"He what? What did he do?" I start to panic. Nothing can happen to him.

"Are you okay, kid?" Jess sits up hearing what he sounded like.

"He-,"

"Elijah! Get off that damn phone! Come here and let me finish what I started! Don't start calling your sluts now!" His father cut him off.

I clench my jaw and see Jess doing the same, "Where do you live? I'm coming over right now." I tell him.

"101 Northbound Boulevard. Help me. Please."

"I'm coming, stay on the phone." Me and Jess stand up. I turn to the guys, "Get out of that pool, right now and let's go." I tell them, they agree without asking why.

I run to the car and start driving, Jess was next to me giving me directions. I drive faster when I hear Eli's phone was thrown. Once we arrived I jumped out barely putting the car in park. I run to the front door and go inside.

"Dad! Please. Don't do this." I hear my little Eli say in a weak voice.

"You were a mistake Elijah, you're not even wanted." I hear his father sneer. I could feel my blood boil.

I turn a corner to see the bastards fist in the air, "Don't you dare put your filthy hands on him." I glare at him, my voice dangerously deeper.

His father looked at me shocked. "Who the fuck are you?" He snarled.

"None of your business, you big oaf." I say keeping it PG considering Eli's mother was in the room.

His father looked at me for a second, examining me, while he did that I looked at him closely. He looked oddly familiar. I gasped taking a step back. He spoke before I could, "Now I know you," He took a couple steps closer.

I glanced at Eli and his mother, they looked shocked and confused. I look at the guys and Jess next to me, they looked confused too.

I step closer to him, standing my ground. "I couldn't possibly forget your face." I spat at him.