Chapter 5

Chapter five:
Wondering, Who is that man?

The next day, as expected, people relentlessly talked about the newly announced villain. They're so busy talking about their hypothesis about that boy the whole street seemed to be vibrating from it.

Well, if everyone is busy, so is her mother- who maybe the busiest person of all.

Her mother received a call at 5 in the morning, and after the call ended, she went upstairs to change her clothes- not minding to take a bath- and said goodbye to her and gave her her lunch money.

So Gia was left with nothing to do on a Monday morning, she decided that she'll just take a day off from all of it. The school would start 4 weeks from now anyways. She got to feel every last bit of vacation.

Gia sighed. She placed her left knee up to her chin and leaned on it, thinking about that C.Z.

Lately, she can't seem to get him out of her mind.

She's the only one who ever saw him... the only one who ever talked to him... well, that's as far as she knew.

Who knows? Maybe he's talking to 5 pitiful girls every night- and Gia is one of them.

The public don't even know what he looks like. Some said that he maybe is a burly man with a big, fat belly. Others said that he's a grown man with mental disorder. So many guesses about his looks for just 14 hours. So many guesses- but she doesn't need to.

She took her drawing board under her bed and dusted it's top. opening it, she searched for her drawing just a couple of days ago. A sketch that's almost finished- the only missing thing is the color of his eyes.

She can't still place her finger about what color it is. It's neither blue nor green... not even brown or black.

And there, she spent hours thinking about the villain's eye color.

×××××

A phone call made Gia's senses fully aware and running. She didn't even realized that she slept.

Her eyes are blurry, and she could feel dried drool in the side of her lips. She wiped her face with both of her hands and then stood.

The drawing book fell, it's pages revealing drawings and sketches... but one drawing stood up.

The phone rang again, removing her focus on the drawing.

Later, she promised herself.

She shrugged and grabbed her phone on her desk and answered the call without looking at the caller.

"Hello?" She greeted, sleepily. She wiped the sleep out of her eyes and stiffled a yawn. "Who's this?"

A panicked voice answered at the other line. Probably female. "He-llo? Is t-t-this Gia Crimes?"

"Yes." Gia answered politely, curious about what's happening.

Her heart beats too fast. Too fast for her liking. She got a feeling she wouldn't like this call.

She could hear heavy breathing on the other line.. sound like the caller is out of breath and is trying to catch it back. After few moments, the caller continued, "It's about m-m-Mr. Widlin" she finally said, and as soon as Gia heard the name, she froze in her place. She got a bad feeling about this. "He just fainted... a-a-and I-i I don't t-t-Think h-he's b-brea-t-thing!" The woman stammered, obviously panicked.