Chapter 25: The First Contractor

Start from the beginning

"I am not fine at all," he says. "You were gone for a long time, leaving me all alone so I searched for you."

"Mao, you shouldn't have looked for me," C.C replies.

"But you are my world, C.C," says the guy. "I can't live without you by my side."

"Mao, you know I would only stay with you if you could grant my wish," the immortal witch says. "If you no longer have the will to grant my wish, I couldn't stay with you. You know that very well."

"No, you don't have to wish for it. You have me and I have you," replies Mao. "We only have each other. You're coming with me."

Lelouch, who has been watching from the sideline, interrupts their conversation by grabbing the immortal witch by the hand and glares at the stranger.

"This woman isn't going with anyone," he says with a stern voice. "Except me."

Upon saying those, he drags away the witch from Mao but to his surprise, C.C forces him to let go of her hand.

With a serious look on her face and with a stern voice she said, "I'm not coming with you." With those words echoing in Lelouch's mind and with a stunned look, Lelouch couldn't walk towards C.C and drag her away. The immortal witch is now gone with Mao.

Lelouch looked around the vicinity hoping that he'll find Mao and C.C but he didn't see them. When the night falls, Lelouch went home with anxiety and lots of thoughts swirling in his mind.

"Brother, are you alright?" asks Nunally who notices the unusual action of her brother.

Not wanting his little sister to worry about him, he flashed a fake smile and replies, "I am fine. You should go to sleep now, Nunally."

"Yes, brother," says Nunally before she gives him a good night kiss on his cheek. "Take care of yourself, okay?"

"I will," replies Lelouch before he enters in his empty room. After fixing himself, he flops on his bed and tries to sleep but he couldn't do so. The scenes he saw a while back kept on replaying in his mind over and over again. It bothers him a lot. It makes him uneasy and worried.

"Who is that guy actually? Is he her boyfriend or something? But she isn't the type to be in a relationship. But I don't know much about her so I am not quite sure about that. She called him Mao and she looked different when she's with him. Could it be that he is really her boyfriend? Or probably a trusted acquaintance? No, their relationship seems to be intimate. Argh, why am I even thinking about this? As long as she won't leave the Black Knights, I don't have to worry."

Lelouch couldn't sleep that night as he was thinking about C.C and Mao. But what made him even more worried is when he realized something upon remembering that C.C is a Code Bearer.

"Could it be that Mao was also granted the power of geass?" he thought which seems to make sense. "Did she also made a contract with that guy? Wait, could it be that that guy has been granted by C.C with geass before me?"

Before finally drifting to sleep, Lelouch thought that he should find C.C as soon as possible to confirm his assumptions and make sure that the immortal witch won't ever disregard their contract since they're now making progress. They've already taken down Prince Clovis and there are only three more people to defeat; Princess Cornelia, Prince Clovis and Emperor Charles, until his wish to create a better world will soon be granted. He can't afford to lose in the battle just because he lost his trusted accomplice who left him for another guy.

That would totally degrade him and his pride would totally be trampled on if he loses just because of the absence of a woman like C.C. It would embarass him a lot. And being as arrogant and egoistic as he is, he won't ever let that kind of thing happen, never.

While Lelouch is full of anxiety, C.C is currently having her pizza. She knew that Lelouch would feel happy and unburdened now that she left. She was always a nuisance and a headache to him. She is only helpful when it comes to the work she needs to do for the Black Knights.

Mao, who has been sleeping until morning, seems to be at ease now that C.C is with him. He has the power of geass as well which was granted by C.C herself a long time ago. Since he wasn't able to fulfill C.C's wish and fell in love with her instead, C.C left him without saying a word. But C.C now thinks that Mao is her responsibility since she was the one who granted him the geass and he could now hear everyone's mind except for her of course.

With the absence of the immortal witch, the usual routine of the raven-haired prince returned to the way it is. He wakes up with a peaceful environment, fixes himself and heads straight to school without the need of scolding someone.

As Lelouch is heading to the student council, he bumps into Kallen who seems to be going to the same place as he is.

"How's your wound?" he asks as he walks beside her.

"It's getting better," replies Kallen and without looking at him, she asks, "Where's Pizza Girl?"

Mentioning Pizza Girl, Lelouch know that is since there's only one person he knew who is obsessed with Pizza. "C.C has something to take care of so she isn't around."

"Is that so?" was the only reply that came from the red-haired girl.

While they were walking side by side, Shirley sees them with a surprised look on her face. She felt a sudden pain in her chest so she looked away.

"Should I just let them be?" she asks herself. "Of course not." She clenched her hands and gathered her courage. She runs towards the two and hang onto Lelouch wearing her big and sweet smile.

"Good morning, Lulu," she greeted. "Good morning, Kallen."

"Good morning," Lelouch greeted with his sweet smile which made Kallen pissed off and walks away from them.

"I look like a nuisance," Kallen thought. "When Shirley is here, that stupid Lelouch always smiles sweetly. If that orange-haired girl is absent, he always worries about that pizza girl. It pisses me off."

After classes, Kallen is on her way home when she caught a glimpse of C.C so she decided to follow her. She got even more curious when she sees the immortal witch together with another guy.

"Mao," says the green-haired girl, stopping on her tracks.

Mao looks at her with a smile plastered on her face, "What is it?"

With a serious look on her face, C.C replies, "We need to talk somewhere peaceful." With that C.C drags Mao away from the crowd and she successfully confused Kallen which made the red-haired girl lose track of them. "Kallen, it would be better for you not to meddle in my business."

"What's the matter, C.C?" asks Mao as they stop on their track.

"You could hear her mind, right?" asks the immortal witch. "The girl who has been following us."

"You're as sharp as always, C.C," replies Mao who failed to hide that he knows someone is following them. "She's trying to find out what you're up to."

C.C looks at him with sad eyes since she knew that he'll continue to suffer because of her. He is her responsibility. She doesn't love him or anything since she had forgotten how to love when she first died before becoming immortal. Mao is now suffering due to the geass she had given him and she felt that she must stay beside him to lessen his sufferings one way or another. She cares for him even though they're not related by blood. She cares for him but Mao is misunderstanding it. Nevertheless, C.C decided to stay with him as a way for her to atone her fault.

I was able to update this chapter since I started making it when school hasn't started yet. And honestly, it's getting harder for me to write more since I am quite running out of ideas plus schoolworks plus houseworks.

But anyway, thank you for reading and voting. I hope that you enjoyed it. And as for its improvement, I'm asking for your suggestions so please comment.

Thank you for reading!!!