Chapter 24: Give me a break!

Depuis le début

While Lelouch is at the school, the Black Knights are gathered at the lounge for their discussion about their leader. The heavy and uneasy tension which was felt when Zero revealed his identity has disappeared.

"You all know the reason why we're here, right?" Neil asked. "Whatever your decision is, we won't hold it against you. So, if you want to leave, then please say so."

Everyone looked at each other and waited for someone to stand up and leave the room. But after a while, Leo spoke to start.

"I will stay here," he said. Neil smiled at him as a way to thank him.

"I will stay," Roku said.

"I will stay as well," the others said in chorus.

"Then, it's settled," Neil said happily. While they were discussing, someone enters the room with a quizzical look on her face.

"What are you discussing?" Kallen asked as she looks around and noticed the absence of Zero as well as the green-haired witch.

"It's about Zero," Haru replied. "He had shown himself to us yesterday. He is a Britannian and even a royal prince. Surprising, right?"

Knowing who Zero is, Kallen isn't surprised. "Is that so? So you're discussing to either join him or leave."

"Yeah," Neil replied. "But Britannian or not, he's still our leader. He's still Zero."

"You're right," said Kallen. "But where is C.C?"

"Maybe she's still in Zero's room," Troy replied. "We haven't seen her since this morning."

"You should rest so you could recover fast," Travis said.

"Then, I'll be in my room," Kallen replied as she left the room and heads in her quarters.

Upon entering, she sees her school uniform which reminded her of school.

"I've been absent for too long," she muttered to herself. She lets out a sigh and lies down on her bed. She held the wound which was opened for her treatment and it still hurts but she could endure it. "I wonder where Lelouch have gone to."

Ashford Academy...

"Lulu, the pepperonis are delivered just now. The dough is done and we only need to put the other ingredients," Shirley reported.

"That's good, then," Lelouch replied. "I will go and check if they've delivered the tomatoes."

Lelouch went to the school garage and the truck full of tomatoes is there. He climbed up on the small elevated platform to check if they've delivered the right amount of tomatoes. He was startled upon seeing a green-haired girl looking down at the tomatoes. Her hair is tied in a twin-tailed style, her bangs and few strands of her hair is left hanging on the front.

"A large pizza," she mutters to herself as she tried reaching for the tomatoes.

"What are you doing here, you witch?!" Lelouch snapped. Just when he thought he could have a break from the stressing matters he has dealt with these past few days. And yet, here comes the annoying witch, ruining his break and is wandering without a care in the world even if she is seen or not.

The immortal witch looked at Lelouch and her famous smirk appeared, "Hey, boya. Fancy meeting you here."

"Why are you here?" Lelouch asked with gritted teeth.

"I was told that a large pizza is going to be made here so as a fan, I came to see and taste the large pizza," the witch replied casually as if ignoring the worries of Lelouch about her being discovered by Suzaku.