Misconceptions

*Natalia*

Sitting in the last class of the day Natalia stared out the window. She thought about Kellin. She liked him, but she didn't want a relationship with him. Not now. Not after Mark. She thought about how she still missed him even though he clearly hated her. She thought Kellin liked her but turning around now she could see that this was wrong. Nikki was leaning towards Kellin obviously flirting with him. She had her armed draped casually around his shoulders and was whispering to him. She pulled away and giggled before looking at Natalia and raising her eyebrows.

Was she doing this to annoy Natalia? It seemed so. Natalia turned backs to the window agitated and slightly annoyed at kellin just for letting Nikki near him, even though she knew that was his choice not hers. Natalia definitely did not want a relationship with Kellin if she would be all over him all the time. But that doesn't matter, she thought, because he doesn't even like me like that.

*Kellin*

Kellin looked at Nikki, they had only met eachother in the last class and she was already acting as though they were bestfriends. He admired how positive and friendly she was although she was sat just a little too close for comfort. She seemed like a really nice person and had involved him with her group of friends so he didn't have to sit on his own. He turned around and saw that natalia was staring out the window making no effort to join in. He sensed that she didn't like nikki or something might have happened between them in the past. He sighed to himself and turned back to Nikki who was rambling on about something and tried to focus on her words.

About half an hour into the lesson he felt natalia shift in her chair and was relieved she was finally going to talk to him.

Natalia raised her hand, "sir? I have an appointment with my orthadontist, I have to go down to reception".

Of course, an appointment. Why would she want to talk to me? He thought, we only met this morning. He was in a bad mood now. He brushed Nikki's arm of his shoulder and started to pay extra attention to the lecture as Natalia left the class.