Seven

I sit at my seats waiting for Cody while looking at my phone. "You ready beautiful?" Cody asks "Look Cody, I'm with Anthony, I appreciate the little gestures and winks and smiles but I can't, Anthony is a good guy and doesn't deserve this." I say "Oh um okay." Cody says sadly looking crushed. He leads me to the door that goes onto the field and we go in the dugout and head to his car from there. We get in the car and Cody says "Okay you ready?" "Yup" I say. We start talking and instantly we click like how we always used to, it was like we never separated. Cody gets a text and it's from one of his teammates he sighs looks at his phone and turns it off "Uh okay well the boys can't make it, Doc texted all of us and he wants us to all get sleep so no parties or dinner since we have another game tomorrow." "Oh okay." I say "Do you want to come in and eat real fast and I'll take you home." He asked hopefully. "Yeah sure why not." I respond. He opens his door and I sit at the island table "What do you want to eat?" He asks "Pizza?" I say "You read my mind." he says as he calls the pizza place. We sit down and talk for what seems like forever even thought I've only been here for thirty minutes and we hear the doorbell ring and it's the pizza guy. "Thank you." Cody says as he closes the door. "Do you what a beer?" Cody asks me "Sure but just one" one hour later We continue laughing at what we were talking about, "Haha that was the funniest thing at the time!" He says. "I know right" I say laughing. We obviously were both drunk laughing at old pictures of us on Cody's couch. "Why do you still have these?" I ask "Because I love these pictures" he says. "Yeah they are-" I start "Why did you leave me?" He asks out of no where "Cody you were taking thing too fast we barley graduated and you wanted me to marry you, and have kids, that's a lot Cody I felt pressured." I say "Can we please just give us one more chance." He says "I'm with Anthony and I love him." I say "You don't love him Ali, you don't look at him the way you look at me, and you don't have these amazing conversations that we have, or the chemistry, we have amazing chemistry! You were shocked when Anthony kissed you like that. You were never shocked when I kissed you like that because that's how we always kissed, with emotion and passion." Cody says "I can't Cody" I say "Please Ali" I knew this would happen I think to myself, we can't be friends we always turn out to be more even when we try.