The rookie closed his optics again as he blacked out. Ratchet shook his helm furiously as he fought back tears. He turned on his com as he worked to stabilize him.

"Bulkhead, Wheeljack, Arcee or Bumblebee... all of you actually... come to my location immediately." He said seriously. He didn't get anything but static. He worked faster and growled threateningly at the energon leaving the bot.

"Answer me dang it." He grumbled and looked around. "Come in. Come in now dang it!" He shouted getting frustrated. He heard ped steps running towards him and he looked up. The team, followed by Miko came over.

"Thank the AllSpark." He sighed in relief. "I have him stabilized take him back to base immediately." He said seriously as he got up and ran off.

"Where are you going?!" Arcee yelled as her optics widened.

"To get Optimus!" He shouted back as he ran faster. Wheeljack growled lowly and followed him while the others tended to Smokescreen.

Megatron flew over the forest and smiled internally as he saw the two. Soundwave and Optimus were sitting in some dirt as they played by a lake. He could hear them laughing and giggling. He transformed a ways away and slowly walked over to them. Soundwave looked up and whimpered quietly. Optimus looked at him and smiled brightly as he waved happily.

"Megatronus!" He shouted. The warlord stopped suddenly and stared at him blankly. He couldn't seem to find a way to do this. He looked at the little con and narrowed his optics.

"It's time for you to go home Soundwave." He said seriously. The communication specialist whimpered quietly and hugged Optimus tightly. The little Prime seemed to be oblivious to what was about to happen.

"Now." Megatron muttered and narrowed his optics. Soundwave let go and walked off a little as he hung his helm.

"Bye Soundy!" Optimus yelled as he waved happily. "See you tomorrow!" He grinned excitedly. Soundwave looked back at him and made a sad noise. He created a portal and went through.

Megatron unsheathed his blade as the sparkling had his back to him. Distracted as he watched his friend leave. This was too easy. The warlord slowly approached the small sparkling with a blank expression.

Optimus continued to wave madly until the portal disappeared. He looked at the water and stared at the reflection of him and Megatron. The warlord raised his blade to strike him down. The little Prime suddenly realized the danger he was in and kept his servos close to his chest chassis. He whimpered fearfully as his spark beat faster. He didn't know what to do and started to cry silently. Megatron stopped and blinked in surprise a couple times. He shook his helm and growled threateningly.

"Face me and meet your demise." He seethed angrily through gritted teeth. Optimus shook with fear and slowly turned around. He looked up at him as tears fell down his faceplate. Why wasn't he running? Was he an idiot? No... innocent.

The warlord felt something in his spark he hadn't in a long time, but more frequently as of late. Guilt. He stared blankly at the sparkling and slowly lowered his blade. He sighed forcefully and hung his helm as his servos went limp at his side. What was he doing? Attempting to kill a sparkling that didn't understand. That was low even for him.

Optimus jumped a little as the blade went back into the mechs arm. He watched him intently then sat down and played in the dirt. He giggled happily as he kicked the water with his peds. Megatron looked at him then primed his cannon and aimed for him. His arm shook and he growled lowly. Why was this so easy and yet extremely hard? He yelled angrily and punched the ground as he fell to his knee plates.

Optimus jumped in surprise and looked at him. The warlord set his servos on the ground as he hung his helm and squeezed his optics shut. They were silent for a while and the world held its breath. Optimus slowly stood up and stared at him as he kept his arms close to his chest chassis. He whimpered fearfully and slowly walked over. Megatron didn't move as he tried to calm himself and gather strength to do the deed.

Ratchet and Wheeljack stopped suddenly as they saw the two in the distance. They thought their leader was in danger at first but decided to wait. Something was different.

Megatron suddenly felt tiny servos grip his faceplate. He furrowed his optic ridges and looked at the little sparkling. Optimus stared at him then smiled brightly. Those innocent blue optics staring into his blood red and hate filled ones.

"There you are Megatronus." He said as his smile grew. The warlord just stared at him blankly and blinked back tears.

"How... how can you be so innocent?" He mumbled to himself. The sparkling just stared at him as he smiled brightly.

"Why do you do this to me?" The con asked. "How can you still be so kind... after all I've done to you?" He rasped. The sparkling just stared at him and furrowed his optic ridges seriously. He gripped his faceplate between his tiny servos and stared at him.

"Because you're my friend." He said seriously and smiled. "You're my brother and we forgive each other." He grinned happily. Megatron stared at him then hung his helm as a few tears fell to the ground. Feeling his old self start to surface once again. Being Megatronus.

"I'm... I'm so sorry..." he whispered quietly so only he heard. "I'm sorry Orion..." he rasped and squeezed his optics shut.

~

The End...