As Friends

Draco and Harry entered the great hall, where the party was held. Ron ran up to Harry; "Harry! Guess who's an item now? Me and Hermione!"
"Great, Ron! Finally had the guts?", Harry teased back, and Malfoy grabbed Harry by the shoulder jealously.

"Malfoy."

"Weasley"

"Harry what are you doing with Malfoy?", Ron said angrily.
Harry sighed.
Time to tell Ron.
Harry looked to Draco for help, but got no response.
Draco's silver eyes were fixated on Ron.

So Harry went straight out;
"Well, Malfoy apologized to me, and we've made a truce."

"A truce?!", Roared Ron.
"Well, Malfoy promised to be nicer to us and he, well, wants to be friends. But before you have a temper tantrum, remember you are here with Mione. She would be quite embarrassed."
"ush...neban...HARRY!"
"Ron, you have to agree, Malfoy seems a good guy."
"fine. But don't count on me being nice to Malfoy.", Ron huffed, and headed back to Hermione.

**************

"Well?", Draco asked impatiently.
"Well what?", Harry inquired genuinely.
"Potter! Everyone is dancing!"
"So.. um..?"
"C'mere, Harry."

And with that, Draco grabbed Harry's wrist, and pulled him onto the dance floor.

Draco was so surprised, Harry was a natural.
Draco found himself smiling at Harry when they danced, This was the happiest he had felt in a long time, there was too much war with He Who Must Not be Named, Draco's Father, and Hogwarts was unsettling for Draco.

But at this moment, everything felt right. Time stopped, everything was perfect.
When he was here, dancing with Harry Potter.

Harry felt like him and Draco were the only people in the room. The music seemed to guide them along. Harry felt as if this moment would last forever. Everything felt just like it was meant to be all along.

Until Harry felt a cold breeze, and voices;

"It's Potter! We've found the boy, My Lord!"