Get out while you can

McKenzie was struggling to catch her breath as she ran into the lot of the auto shop. She straightened herself out and made her way to the office. Gemma greeted her with a smile as she organized the papers that were thrown about the desk. "What can i do for ya, hun?" Kenzie cleared her throat, "i was wondering how much longer its gunna take to fix my car?" "Probably another few days, we're still waitin on all the parts to get here." With a soft sigh and a sad smile she thanked her and turned to leave. "What kinda trouble you in darlin?" Gemma's question made her whole body tense up. She slowly turned and looked at the older woman. "Abusive soon to be ex husband." With that she turned and left as quickly as she could but stopped dead in her tracks as Rob's truck pulled into the lot. Kenzie could swear her heart had stopped, and her brain malfunctioned. Trying to gain control again she bolted back to the office. Gemma took one look at her fear stricken face and stood quickly, walking over to where the small scared girl stood trembling. "I.. h.. he's here. I dont know what to do. I cant go back there. I wont raise my baby in that environment!" She sobbed. Gemma called for someone in the garage. "Whats up ma?" She heard a familiar voice. "McKenzie heres pregnant and on the run from her abusive husband," gemma ran a hand down kenzies back soothing her. "Hes here, get him outta here." Jax looked at Kenzie with sad yet angry eyes and nodded leaving the office. Gemma closed the door and say Kenzie down on the couch. "Im gunna get one of the guys to sit with you while i get something for ya to drink." She said as disappeared through another door. Taking a few deep breaths Kenzie looked around the small room, she heard footsteps and glanced in that direction to see the tall scotsman with scars on both sides of his face. "Hiya lass, ive come to keep ya company if ya dont mind." His accent thick, and mesmerizing. She nodded and lokked down at her hands. "Im sorry i brought all this here...i thought i was safe.." she said softly. "Dont worry your pretty little head about it, youre safe here." They could hear loud yelling from the lot and kenzie trembled and tried to make herself smaller, she could hear the venom in Robs harsh words. "Shes my wife, ill do what i damn please to her. Now bring her out here!" Chibs stood up and walked to the window and peered out. "No, she aint goin anywhere. Now you need to leave before you get yourself hurt." Jax spat at the angry man. The yelling stopped and she cpuld hear a door slamming. She let out the breath she didnt know she was holding. "Is...is he gone..?" Chibs looked over at her with a smile on his face and nodded. "Aye, he is. You can stay here till your cars fixed, i wont let him get ya." McKenzie didnt know what came over her but she felt herself rising off the couch and wrapping herself around the scots midsection. He wrapped her up in his arms and smiled. "Thank you. Thank you so much!" She mumbled in his chest, "but i have to get my stuff from the motel." "Aye, ill give ya a ride."