On the Run

"Crap," Natasha mumbled as she shot a quick glance behind her. Ross's minions were advancing fast on her. She dropped down and rolled to the side as one of them tried to shoot her. How they still recognized her despite her blonde wig and brown contacts - she didn't know. But that wasn't the problem now. First she had to get away from the agents that worked under General Thunderbolt Ross. She sighed. Running away won't work. Turning quickly on her feet, she faced the seven men who were chasing her, ready to fight. She kicked the first guy's crotch - an easy weakness that anyone could spot. This caught him off guard and allowed her to steal his gun. She elbowed another guy who was coming at her from behind, then shot a third on the arm. Then she did her signature move. She climbed on the fourth man's shoulders, then wrapped her thighs around his head, quickly flipping him over and defeating him. Two more shots created bullet wounds in the next two men, then some dodging and round-house kicks caused the sixth man to crumple down. Now there was only one man left. Naturally, he was the strongest one. Natasha analyzed the situation. She had a much smaller stature than the guy, but could use her short height and quick speed to her advantage. She rapidly dodged a punch that was aimed at her face.

"Never go for the face first," she said, a smirk creeping up on her face. "Amateur." He grunted. She kicked his chest then dodged his next blow, and climbed on top of him to make him easier to beat. She flipped him over with her legs hen kicked his face once he was groaning on the hard cement.

"Better luck next time," she said in a sweet, feminine voice, waving tauntingly as she dashed away from the fallen men and to the apartment that she had been occupying for the past few months.

Natasha slammed the door behind her and locked it, then slid down to the floor. She sat, her back to the door and heaved a sigh. This isn't going to work out,  she thought. I'm probably going to be all over the news now.

It's been three months since the civil war, and Natasha was out on the run, a fugitive, because she played double agent and turned her back on Tony. She decided, for some apparent reason, to temporarily live in Paris, France. Sorry, couples who are trying to have a romantic dinner together - there might be seven severely injured bodies outside your dinner spot. Oh well. Love is for children anyways. Natasha learned that the hard way. After her short - and failed - love affair with Bruce Banner, the Hulk, she decided not to fall in love again. Love may create less scars than battles do, but love does create deeper scars than battles. Natasha shook her head back and forth. She shouldn't be thinking about love right now. She had more important matters to settle.

Ever since she chose to sign the Sokovia Accords, she had deeply regretted her decision. By signing the Accords, she was basically betraying her closest friends.

First there was Wanda. Natasha had always taken responsibility for what she did to Wanda. The teenage superhero was like the younger sister that she never had. If she hadn't signed the Accords, Wanda wouldn't be locked up in a jail cell in the middle of the ocean.

Sam. Sam was there to help Natasha back at D.C. during the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D. She knew she owed him so much, yet she didn't know how to pay off this debt.

Then there was Bucky Barnes. Natasha always knew him as Steve's best friend, but she also saw him as a misunderstood vigilante. She didn't know him well, but the fact that he was a very close friend of Steve made her deeply regret fighting him.

Scott Lang. She didn't know him very well either, but he ought to have some family out there who's wishing for him to come back. He was another red in her ledger, another thing she needed to wipe out.

Clint. Clint was by far one of Natasha's closest friends. Out of everyone that knows her, Clint knows her best. She and Clint go way back, and he was always like an older brother to her, always looking after her. He also had family who she was close with. They probably don't trust her at all now, since she was part of the reason why Clint ended up locked up in a jail cell.

Last there was Steve. Another one of Natasha's closest friends. She wasn't sure about her feelings with him, they seemed somewhat stronger than her feelings about anyone - even Clint or Bruce. She owed him. A lot. Yet she let him escape before she could pay him back. And now he was in danger - on the run like her. And it was her fault.

Suddenly, Natasha realized what she needed to do. She was going to save her former teammates. And she was going to need some help (as hard as it was to admit).