Everything Changes -Chapter 8

The Phone kept on buzzing, someone was phoning me. I didn't want to look, I didn't want to answer. My voice was still croaky and weak from crying. I reached out across the bed and grabbed the vibrating phone:

"James McVey is ringing" the screen said. my mind was racing, he had clearly read my message and wanted to talk, but I seriously knew that if I spoke to him I would just end up breaking down in tears because that was just the way that I was feeling. I took a huge breath and pressed the answer button.

"hello" I squeaked

"Hey Lydia" James' voice soothed through the phone

"thank you so much for the over it means so mu-" I started but couldn't finish because my voice just trailed off to nothing.

"It's okay, and your message wasn't cheesy, I loved it and I-I really wanted to tell you that I-I really do..." he began

"Love you" we said in unison. There as a pause that seemed long and awkward. I sighed, why did I have to butt into what he was saying. I felt like I had screwed everything up.

"What's wrong lovely" his voice soothed breaking the silence.

"nothing h-honestly" my voice broke squeakily into a sob.

"babe you can tell me anything you know, why are you upset?" he soothed down the phone sympathetically. I was happy and sad at the time. I wanted to tell him but I felt to embarrassed that the reason I was crying was because I loved him so much.

"I-I love you" I said as I forced myself to stop sobbing.

"I love you too Lydia , and I'll be there for you if you are upset just like you have been here for me over the last couple of weeks when I really needed someone to confide in" he replied. I was falling deeper into love with him the more and more that he spoke.

"oh also I know this sounds a little stupid but I wrote a song that maybe we could use for the ensemble" I said starting to get myself back together again as I wiped the last of the remaining tears from my cheek.

"oh brilliant" James beamed down the phone "I can't wait to hear it!! we have music tomorrow don't we?? bring it to the lesson and we can run it through! I bet it is brilliant just like you are angel"

"Thank you James, It is just an idea it might not be that good, but I-I hope you like it" I stuttered.

"I already know it is going to be great honestly". As the words flowed smoothly from his mouth a smile crept across my blotchy red face.

"thanks again James" I smiled.

"you very welcome beautiful, see you tomorrow okay?"

"okay" i smiled. Then we both hung up. I sat there just for a few seconds longer staring at my phone and recalling the conversation over and over again. He called me beautiful. We were both in love and now we both knew it. I felt much better for talking to him. He calmed me down, he made me feel so much better.

I lay down on my bed just thinking of him. Just thinking about the way he called me beautiful and always encouraged me no matter what.

James McVey you make me laugh, smile and cry....but I love you.

(To be continued)