Part 19

Warning: slight smut.

"I ask what is going on here?" Endre gets close to me and Ivar.

I grab Brynjar trying to make him to stop from crying, Ivar did the same with Eirik.

"I was kissing the mother of my sons." Ivar smirked at Endre.

"The mother of your sons is MY wife, she is mine not yours." Endre screams even more, he is scaring me and my sons.

"She may be your wife, but I am the only that slept with her. I am the only one that she screamed from pleasure, not you, me." Ivar is extremely calm, mocking Endre.

"This is going to change, do not worry. When I am done with her, she is going to forget all about you." Endre put his hand on my hair, and started to play with it.

"I do believe that she will always going to remember me. Besides giving her pleasure, I have given her sons, a family. What you give her? A marriage without love?" Ivar licks his lower lip, smirking at Endre.

"That is enough, Steena let's go to bed." He tries to lift me, but Ivar stops him.

"No, she will sleep at my hut tonight, with me." Ivar laughs. "And our sons, of course." He says with a sarcastic tone.

"Alright, you can go Steena." He looks at me, the look he gives me, makes me shiver.

"She does not need your permission, I just gave you a warning." Ivar stares at Endre, his eyes are filled with anger.

"Alright, I will see you tomorrow Steena." He turns around and left the Great Hall.

"Maybe." Ivar screams, Endre stops for a moment and then leaves.

"I hate that man." Ivar looks at the door, and watch Endre leaving.

I don't say anything, I was too scared. Endre was going to be mad, he can do something to my sons. I need to find a solution, and fast.

"Come, we are going to my hut. We can be with our sons there, without him bothering us." Ivar gives a warm smile and nodded.

I grab my sons and I follow Ivar to his hut, it's so cold. I wrapped Brynjar and Eirik in furs, and hold them tightly, next to my chest.

When we entered the hut, it's really cold, because there is no fire.

"Ivar, I am going to get some wood, keep our sons warm. I will be right back." He nodded, I put them on the bed and I went outside.

I grabbed the wood and quickly, I started the fire. Slowly the hut is warm, I walked to the bed and sit next to our sons.

"He is an idiot, I do not know why you married him." Ivar says angry.

"Ivar, why did you tell Endre about me and him not sleeping together?" I needed to know.

"He has been mocking me since you agreed to marry him, the next day after your wedding, he told me that you screamed from pleasure all night. When you told me, I was relieved and I mock him." He looks down and sighs.

So Endre want to hurt Ivar, but why? It's obvious that he doesn't like me, so it must be about his father. But I can't understand why, Gunnar loved Ragnar, he was loyal.

Brynjar and Eirik started to cry, snapping me out of my thoughts. They were hungry. I took the furs and put my dress down to my waist to feed them.

"He did this to you?" Ivar shouts at me, pointing to my bruised neck.

I forgot about it, Ivar wasn't supposed to see it. What I'm going to say?

"No, Astrid is teaching me how to fight. Even if I am not a shielmaiden, I must learn to defend myself without weapons. Do you agree?" I don't know how I came with that lie.

"I do, but those bruises look awful. Tell Astrid to go easy on you." Ivar put his fingers on neck, feeling the bruises.

"No, she needs to show me worst. I must learn how to defend myself, I know how to use the sword and the axe, but if someone attacks me, I must be prepared." I look at him and give him a shy smile.

He simply nodded and he didn't say anything else, it was a comfortable silence. It felt like we were a family, it felt like I never left Kattegat, it felt like Ivar loves me.

After Brynjar and Eirik slept, I put them on a little bed next to the fire. Ivar put it there, just for them. When I look at Ivar, he is almost sleeping.

"Ivar, I am going back to my room. Brynjar and Eirik can sleep here with you, I will get back in the morning." I whispered softly at his ear.

"No, you are going to sleep here. With me, in my arms." He grabs my waist and put his chest against my back. I can feel his breath against my neck.

I feel so safe on his arms, like nothing bad will happen. It feels like this situation with Endre, will get better. It feels like nothing else matters.

In the middle of the night, I feel kisses on my neck. I wake up and I look at Ivar. His eyes are closed, but I know that he is awake.

"Ivar." I purr in his ear.

"What?" He says at my ear.

"What are you doing?" He puts my breast against his, putting me close.

"I am kissing you, and then I am going to fuck you." He takes my dress and starts to kiss my breasts.

"How I missed your body, how I missed your touch, the sounds you make when I am inside of you. You are mine, no one else, just mine." He kisses my neck tenderly, because of the bruises.

And we make love all night.