VII: Blighted Falling {pt 2}

Narrator's P.O.V.

It's been three weeks since you made eye contact with Law. Three weeks since you've talked to him. Three weeks since that night.

You were afraid. Very afraid.

You did not know what Law had heard from your sleep talking, but whatever it was you knew it would only bring up questions. Questions about everything you feared. Everything you hated.

Your past.

You sat at you desk working on maps to keep your mind off of everything; including sleep. You were afraid to dream. Afraid those nightmares would all come back and you'd end up in the same position last night when Law was in your room. Your dreams were all nightmares. Nightmare after nightmare you never had a good dream.

"Attention! We will landing on the island shortly!" Bepo's voice shouted through the radio in the submarine.

"Shit." you mumbled as you continued working on your map. Everyone was going on land and you knew there was no way anyone would let you go without going on shore with them. You sat quietly, your thoughts drifting to dark places. How long could you keep this inside you? How long could you could you hold it in before you burst?

Before you crumpled?

Before your heart gave out?

Before you lost your mind?

Running your fingers through you hair, you quickly get up and grabbed your bag. You gathered some of your materials and began stuffing them into it. You hastily closed your bag and grabbed all of your money purse.

"We are boarding the island!" Bepo's voice rang through the ship. You grabbed your black cloak and threw it on you. You opened your room door and headed up to the front of the submarine. Everyone was already outside and waiting for you to get out. As you reached the ladder you stopped yourself. You watched as you hands gripped the bar of the ladder tighter to stop the shaking of your body.

Could you face him?

Could you do it?

Hearing your name being called, you pulled yourself away from your thoughts and you climbed the ladder.

The sharp salty air of the ocean filled you nostrils as you reached the top. The radiant baby blue sky filled your eyes, as the winds ran filling your nostrils with all the extraordinary smells from the island.
"Jeez (Y/N). What took you so long?" Shachi asked, as you finally were standing in the top of the sub.

"Well I needed to find my list of map supplies and other things that could be sold for a little extra cash you know." you laughed as you could feel a cold gaze upon you.

He's watching.

"Hey (Y/N) do you need help with your map shopping. I'm not doing any of the grocery shopping so if you need a hand I can help you?" Penguin suggest.

"No. I think I got it for the most part." you smiled. You felt Law's gaze move away from you and towards the island.

"Alright everyone. We meet back before sunset." Law's voice bellowed.

"Roger." And everyone exited off the submarine and in the island off to their spectate ways.

You walked along the island looking at all the shops and markets that were open. You weren't really looking, you were actually just waiting. You could sense Law's presence still near by so you were just acting distracted.

Can I really do this?

Can I really leave?

Taking you from your thoughts you heard Shachi's voice as he, Law, and Bepo passed by. You tried you best to look like you were trying to figure out which compass to get. As they walked you could feel Law look towards you. 'Stay focused,' you said to yourself and kept on looking a compasses.

As you heard their voice fade off into the air you let out a sigh of relief. Your hands were shaking as you threw on your hood and began heading towards the docks. Your whole body was tense as in each stride you took, it felt as if a million different memories of the crew left with them.

'I'm really an ass,' you thought as you finally reached the docks. Looking around trying to find a boat that could take you anywhere as far away from the crew.

You just wanted to disappear.

Your eyes widen as you saw a boat, passengers were boarding and paying up front. Your stomach began to turn and twist as you realized you had found you ticket out. Looking up at the big ship started to make you feel worst.

Could you really leave them?

Could you turn your backs on them?

Could you just disappear?

The pit in your stomach grew more and more as thoughts ran through you head. You had thought you were ready. You thought it could be easy leaving them. But you couldn't. You were staring at you ticket out but you couldn't.

It scared you.

The tears finally began to fall down you face, as you made your way to the boat. Your legs began to move faster the closer you got.

They'll just forget about me.

They won't care once I'm gone.

I'll just be a distant memory.

"Ma'am that'll be 2000 beli." the sailor spoke. You hadn't realized you were at the front until he spoke.

"Oh sorry. Um, where is this boat heading?" You asked paying the man the money.

"To an island called, Rolvino to the city of Mina. A lot of sailors and travelers go there for information or to take the boat to the island of Fenguii." he smiled showing you the way onto the boat.

'The island of Fenguii,' you mind recalling about reading about that place.

The island of Fenquii was an island of knowledge. It was an island full of peaceful people and a great place to clear the mind.

"We are about to begin our journey to island Rolvino. If anyone wants to get off or is not suppose to be on board please leave now!" the Captain shouted over the loud speaker. You made you way to the bow of the ship.

You gripped on toward the railing as you felt the ship's anchor being pulled back up. Your body was shaking badly as the ship began to move. You closed your eyes as the voices of the people around you became the white noise you began to hear. You began to imagine their voices. What they would say when they realized you were gone.

You betrayed them.

I-

You've left them.

...I-

"I'm sorry." You softly cried out as the boat was sailing off.

And now you were gone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, so much feels!!! Also slight heads up the next chapter might be shorter. (I'm still deciding on it so please forgive me if it is shorter). Always hope you guys still like the story.

~zelvierdemonqueen132