Chapter 28

I finished getting ready and now we were standing outside the gym doors and I fixed my mask and ears to make sure they wouldn't come off. Sam and Harley were going to stay with me and Mrs. Jones went in to anouce my "arivel."
When she did, we all went in and an and Harley stayed by the door but I went out into the gym floor waving to everyone there. They were all cheering and I knew I was going to be ok hiding behind the mask today.
---
(A/N: Ok, I'm feeling really lazy. Also, I'm having bad writers block about this part. So yeah... Pretty much, she has a great time getting to meat her freinds again but behind the mask. She sings a little and they have a great time. Anyways, this is a time skip to after the meat and great;)
---
Sam, Harley and I were talking by my locker again after I was back to myself.
"That was awsome, Hope. You made a lot of people happy today by doing that." Sam whispered to me.
"I agree. Plus, it was great singing." Harley added smiling.
"I'm glad it made people happy." I say and smile. I look over them and see a few of the guys. Sam and Harley turn to see what was going on. A few of the guys were roughing around. I recognized them and saw that it was Tod and his freinds messing with a kid named David.
"Dude, there is no way you could have figured out who Catty is. She wears a mask." Tad said. I shoot a worried look to Sam and Harley and they returned it.
"Its not that hard actually, all you have to do is compare her picture with others. Then it's easy to figure out."
"Do it then, figure out who she is." Tod dared him.
"She obviously doesn't want anyone to know or she wouldn't wear a mask." David said. By now, everyone was watching their fight.
"So what? She wouldn't be famous if she didn't want us to find out eventually. Go ahead." Tod said.
"No. I don't think that would be proper." David said.
"Stop being a wimp, dude!" Tod said. He pushed him and David fell backwards and hit my arm, hitting  my bag off in the process before falling on the ground. Before anyone could ask him if he was ok, everyone's eyes went to something else behind his head.
I look and see that my mask had fallen out onto the floor, and my ears sticking out a little too. Gasps went around the hallway as everyone relized the truth.
"Your...?" David started when he turns to see what everyone was looking at.
I couldn't respond. I tried but I just couldn't get the words out. I just stood there in shock staring at my mask that I had since I was 7. It brought back so many good memories of every Halloween that I had worn it when I was little. My family was perfect and I didn't have anything to worry about. It was my good luck charm. I think my luck just ran out. I stood in shock as I relized what everyone knew.
Knew I'm Catty...
Knew I could sing...
Knew my biggest secret ever...
Knew the truth.
I couldn't even fully exept the truth! How are they going to?
Suddenly, my thoughts took a turn for the worse when I relized...
I LIED to Ethan!
He's goings to be so mad at me!
I promised to tell him the truth...
My life is over!
What am I going to do?! What should I-
I was pulled from my thoughts quickly when I heard someone yell, "Everyone quiet!" I look up and see Mrs. Jones walking up to a large group of students that had gathered around me.
"All of you, get to class now. No one is to talk about this until after school is that understood?" She said loudly so everyone could hear her. They all mumbled things as they went to class as instructed. She turns around to face Sam, Harley and I.
"Thank you." Harley said.
"Of course. Are you ok Hope?" She asked.
"I'm fine." I say quietly. She nodded and told us to go to class in a few minutes but she had to leave.
Sam put her hand on my shoulder.
"You sure? You look like you have something on your mind..." Sam said.
"How's Ethan going to react?" I mumble softly not looking at them. Harley and Sam sent worried looks to each other and I bent down to pick up my bag and mask. I scoff lightly when I pick up the mask. "I'm an idiot." I whisper and stand up with my bag and mask.
"I don't know how he's going to react." Harley said.
"Its fine." I sigh and put on my fake smile. "We should to class."
They nod and we all go our ways to class.
I slip in to Mrs.Jones class for the end of the day class and Ethan doesn't even look at me. For once though, I don't even care. All I could think about was running home and never leaving my room. Ever.