Chapter 13

"That was good." He said as we finished.
"Yeah, and now I am tired." I say smiling.
"I wish I could stay. But my mom would probably kill me- or tell Daphne to at least." He said smiling. I giggle.
"Probably." I say.
"Is something wrong? You've been acting a little off since you tripped." He asked.
"I'm fine. Just thinking about my grandmother and she might still be here but I know I'm losing her." I say looking at my shoes.
"Babe-" I cut him off.
"You should go before you get in trouble."
"Hope. You promised remember? Come on." He pleaded. I swallowed back the tears I had in my eyes. He pulled me closer and hugged me tightly. I hugged back and buried my face in his chest. I didn't let the tears fall and just hugged him.
"No matter what happens, I'm here for you. You know that right?" He whispered. I nod and pull back from the hug.
"Thanks." I say still not looking at him.
"I love you, Hope. Of course I'm going to be here." He said trying to get me to look at him. I finally do and smile a little.
"I love you too." He smiles and kisses my forehead.
"I should go. I'll see you tomorrow ok?" He says when he pulls back.
"Ok. Bye." I say. We walk to the door and he went out but stopped and turned around before leaving.
"When are you going to visit her again?" He asked.
"Tomorrow." I answer.
"Tell her hi for me." He said slightly smiling.
"Uh- actually, why don't you come with me?" I ask nervously.
"You want me to? It's your time with her. I don't want to intrude."
"Please come. I don't really want to go alone again. Besides, I want her to see us together at least once." I say the I bite my bottom lip a little.
"Ok. I'll ask. See you tomorrow." He said. I nod and close the door as he walks.
I go straight to my room and get ready for bed. Then I lay down on my stomach with my face buried in the pillows. Princess came over and I started petting her as she slept. Then I fell asleep soon after.
---
I wake up when my alarm goes off and turn it off as I get up. I get ready and go to school. Sam was at her locker like usual and I go over to her.
"Hey." I say to her.
"Hey. How are you?" She asked. She shut her locker and leaned against it.
"Good. You?" I ask checking my hair in my mirror.
"Fine." She said. Zach came over and kissed her while I was still working on my hair.
"You guys need to get a room." I say as they kept kissing. She pulled away to look at me.
"We will. Trust me." She said smirking. I roll my eyes at her.
"I do trust you. That's the problem." I say.
"Well, if you guys do, we will." She said as Ethan came over to us.
"What?" He asked.
"You don't want to know." Zach said to him.
"Agreed." Sam and I said at the same time.
"By the way, I asked mom and she said it was ok." Ethan told me and I nodded. The warning bell rang and Sam and I headed off to class.
After school Ethan and I went to the hospital. I went in and knocked on her door.
"Hi." I say smiling.
"Hope. I'm glad your back." She said then she noticed when Ethan shut the door behind us. "Oh! And you brought your boyfriend. I was wondering if I would get to see you together?"
"Don't talk like that. Your going to be fine." I say sitting down.
"Has no one really told you dear?" She asked and I looked at her confused.
"Told me what?" I ask.
"The doctors say I only have a few days left."