Prologue

"Kol no! You cant go, I cant do this without you!'' She screamed in terror as she realized what he was about to do.

"I have to, this is the only way to keep them safe! I'll distract them while you get away, otherwise we'll all get caught. I cant have that Ari." He spoke, distraught but feeling sacrificial. The snarls and growls heard heavily above them.

"No! You have to come with us, we have to stay together!" She cried, the tears beginning to fall.

"Be strong my love. Save them. Keep them safe. Follow the plan, stay strong, confident and don't show weakness. I believe in you Ari, you can do this." He replied, desperate to keep his family safe from the dangers above.

"No! I cant leave you! I wont!" She spoke, horrified about the idea of leaving him.

"Please, I'll stall them. Go, you have to save them. For me please. Go. GO!" He cried, giving a final farewell to his loved ones.

"I love you so much Kol Draven Matthers" She cried, tears streaming heavily down her face as she carried her children to safety.

"I love you too Ariana Alexis Matthers." She heard faintly, her heart shattering as she ran quickly through the underground tunnel, away from the love of her life and towards safety. The only thing keeping her going being the cries of her newborn children. She would do this for them. She would do this for Him.

--------------------------

 "No." He stated.

"Yes." 

"I can't."

"Yes, you can."She stated boldly, following the orders of her love.

"I'm sorry, but there is no way I can help you, I have to put my pack first. I can't possibly take on this burden." 

"There is no 'possible' about it, you can help me and you will." She pressed, her fustration beginning to seep through heer emotionless mask.

"No I will not!" He replied, outraged. "I do not take orders from the likes of you! I am Alpha! You are Human! You do not tell me what to do!"

"You will do this! You owe him. My Kol saved the lives of your pack, not once, but twice! He sacrificed his life in order to get us to safety. You are our safety, you are her safety," she cried, the tears streaming down her cheeks at the thought of her lost love.

"I understand that I owe him, but I will repay my debt another way. I will not take responsibility for a human!" He proclaimed, sad for the loss of his close friend, but angry at the human trying to take charge.

"There is no other way to repay your debt. She will have no one, she needs someone. That someone is you." She said, knowing this will be the last time she would see her baby girl.

"I cannot do this. My pack is strong and fearless, what will they say when they find out I have a human child that isn't even mine!" He growled angrily, "What about my own children, how am I supposed to raise them when I have to care for a human child?"

"You will raise her as if she is yours, as if your children are her siblings. You will treat her as if she is another pup in your pack, train her, mould her into a fighter, a warrior. She has potential, human or not she will be able to handle this. She is her father's daughter after all." She ordered harshly. She was in charge now. She will make sure her daughter was safe if it were the last thing she would do.

"How am I supposed to raise her as my own? She is human. She will not be able to handle the brutal training I put my pack through, let alone what I put my children through! My eldest is only four years old and she can lift a fifty kilogram table and demolish it. My children are Alpha, they have extra strength, how is she supposed to live up to that? It is impossible for me to train her and keep an up with pack work, not to mention my family. I cannot favour her and I cannot take responsibility for her!"

"You can and will. She has her fathers genes, she will be able to handle this. You will keep her safe no matter what the cost. You will treat her fairly. You will make sure that she is the best warrior in your pack. You will do this, not for me, nor her father, but for her. You will definitely not favour her, you will treat her as if she is an equal, as if she is your own daughter." She finalized.

"Why me? I understand that I owe Kol my life, but I cannot grasp, why he would choose me to care for his child and how you could leave your daughter in the hands of a stranger? You do not know me, yet you still choose to trust me with her life." He asked.

"All I can say is that I trust my husband, if he chose you, there was a legitimate reason behind it and although I do not know what it is, my trust in him is great. Our daughter has a great life ahead of her but that life will not be lead correctly if she stays with me."

"I have to consult with my mate first." He said.

"No you don't Jared." A feminine voice spoke softly. "You know you what the right thing to do is. I trust your judgment."

"Are you sure Sarah?" Jared, asked his mate doubtfully.

"Yes, I am sure," she announced as she turned to the woman. "Hello Ariana, I am dearly sorry for your loss."

"Sarah." She acknowledged. "Thank you, I dearly appreciate what you are doing for my daughter."

"Our pack is indebted to you, this is merely a minor repayment. Is there anything else? Where is she?"

"No, there is nothing else, she is sleeping over there." She walked over to the stroller in the corner. "Or maybe she isn't." She uttered, unsuprised by the fact that her daughter was wide awake, laying quietly as her curious eyes observed her surroundings.

"She is very beautiful, her eyes," Sarah whispered entranced. "They're very unique."

"Indeed." Ariana replied. "I must go."

"Very well, she will be safe in our hands. My mate and I will take very good care for her." Sarah promised, not daring to ask where she was heading.

"She speaks the truth, your daughter will be safe." Alpha Jared confirmed. 

"Very well. Like I said, I must be going." She said in farewell as she began to leave the room.

"Wait. One more thing." Alpha Jared Stephenson spoke.

"Yes?" 

"What is her name?" Sarah asked.

"Call her Alexis Elektra Kestrel Stephenson."