Like right now.

"Little foxy, don't bother me right now. I'm busy." I shooed the fox, which was walking around me in circles and jumping up as if attempting to catch my attention.

It jumped and landed on my shoulder, and pecked at my cheek, seemingly giving me a kiss, if it wasn't for it biting me.

"Ow!" I yelped at the sudden tiny pain, summoning an icicle on top of my hand on reflex. (I was preoccupied thinking about my ice magic when the fox startled me.)

The little fox had nudged it's furry head into my cheek, in the same place it bit, causing the dripping blood to smudge on it's little snowflake birthmark on its shoulder.

All of a sudden, it's snowflake mark glowed a bright blue and my icicle stick disappeared, as if the ice magic was sucked away.

The fox then grew bigger in size as it released an icy aura. It grew bigger and bigger, as it slowly levitated in the air.

'It's a fox demon...' I thought as I watched it's snowy white tail increase in numbers, reaching to 9 tails in total. 'I wonder, does having nine tails hurt since there's not really much space to... move them?'

A voice spoke in my head.

'I am a 9-tailed Kitsune. Bestow me a name to complete the contract.'

One thing popped into my mind.

"Yukine."

'Contract complete.'

Then the giant white 9-tailed fox shrunk back to its tiny baby fox size and 8 of its tails disappeared, leaving one fluffy one, while the cold aura disappeared.

Suddenly, a voice spoke in my head.

"Master."

It was the same voice from earlier, except it sounded less powerful from before.

"Who are you?" I asked the voice.

"I am Yukine. You named me, remember?" The little fox said, swinging it's fluffy tail. "We made a contract."

~~~

"So... you're my spirit beast now?" I ask as I stare at the white fluffy little creature in front of me, that's licking my hand in affection.

The fox swishes it's tail saying, "Yes."

"Then explain to me how you can talk." I fold my arms.

"I speak to you telepathically. It's due to the connection between spirit beast and spirit master." It replies as it jumps on my shoulder and nuzzles it's head on my cheek.

"Then... are you a male or a female?" As soon as I asked that question, the fox froze, stopping it's fluffy nuzzles on my cheek, as it turned it's head to face me.

"You think I'm female?" Yukine asks in a sad, whining tone, giving me the 'Why-did-you-betray-me?' look.

"Well, how would I know? Your voice is that of a child." I retort. Yes, this little fluffy ball of adorable-ness' voice sounds as cute as it looks, cute and childish. To be honest, it sort of sounds like Ace's voice, except Ace sounds more... cuter? No... Hmm... what's the word? Ace's voice sounds innocent and sweet. Yukine sounds similar, except his sounds more soft and soothing, making you feel all warm inside... like an ASMR-type of voice. So, in simple adjectives, Ace's voice is lively and bouncy while Yukine's voice is calm and smooth, giving off opposing temperaments from each other. Either way, they both sound adorable.