Chapter Ten

Autumn's POV:

I sat at my computer desk as I stared at the extremely bright screen. It was early Saturday morning as I stared at the long list of games I'd be playing this week. Well technically... it wasn't a list. It was the type of list that broke off into branches. So, if you lost even the first game... your team was sent packing.

My school was playing some out of school league team first. I didn't really care though, in fact, I don't even know why I was staring at this stupid list. Especially considering, I should being packing my suitcase. I looked at the time again and cringed. I hadn't gotten much sleep last night thanks to that damn girl. I leaned back in my chair as thoughts of Rylee intruded me. I sighed outwardly, opening my eyes and gripped the sides of my chair in frustration. 'What's wrong with me? Why can't I shake this? Was this just a process?'

"Why do I always want to be around her...? And now we're going to be sleeping in the same bed for a week or longer? What the fuck am I going to do? I'm not into girls, I like boys." I groaned, crossing my arms on my desk and laying my head onto them.

"So, if you're not into girls, why did you let her kiss you?" Another voice came ringing into my ears. I lifted my head to see Audrey standing in my doorway, fully dressed and ready to go already. I blinked a few times as I rubbed my face in annoyance.

"Audrey... I just..." I begged to know. My voice sounded desperate, even to my own ears. She walked over to my bed, taking a seat, her arms crossed as she gave me a thoughtful look.

"Autumn, why are you so bothered at the fact that you might actually like this girl?" She asked me bluntly. I felt a noise escape the back of my throat, but I wasn't sure if it was a whimper or a growl of some sort? 'What the fuck? A growl? Did that thought really appear in my mind just now?'

"It's not that I'm bothered..." I'm bothered more that I want to cry, "It's that... I know her history or at least I think I do." I said as I took a glance at her, standing up to grab my suitcase. She eyed me suspiciously as if to say, 'Ok, go on?' I sighed as I folded up my spare jerseys to pack. "Well... one day on our way back from the boys' karate lesson... there was this girl there and she was telling Rye to get over me and to uh... fuck me already so that I was out of her system... and well we talked about it, after we fought over it for a few days and she told me that she indeed use to sleep with countless... boys and girls, but that she was changing." I looked over to Audrey to see she was contemplating her next words.

"Well... why are you bothered by her?" I sighed in frustration as I eyed her. I folded up a pair of jeans, slamming them into my suitcase.

"I just told you?" I glared at her. She was smiling as she laid back so that she was leaning on her elbows, smirking up at me.

"Yes but, you never answered." She said as she watched me throw some bras, socks, and underwear in my bag. I gave her a quick glance as I moved the hair out of my face. More thoughts of Rylee flew into my thoughts. Our first kiss, our first coffee, our first greet, basically everything... that made my heart skip a beat. I bit my lip as I stopped folding t-shirts and gave Audrey a worried look. "What?"

"Audrey... what if... what if... when a guy kisses me, I don't feel anything?" She was about to say something but I continued. "What if, when she kisses me... I feel more alive than when Greg kissed me?" She sat there for a moment as we stared at one another. I was pacing my floor with a worried expression, tossing a pair of socks back and forth in my hands.

That thought wouldn't get out of my head! I did feel more alive when she kissed me... but was it just because I've never kissed a girl before and wanted to try it like that stupid Katy Perry song? Or was it because... I was actually indeed attracted to her and wanted more?