"Assalamualaikum" She greeted

"Walaikumsalam" Amaan greeted back.

"I am Samreen. Haya's cousin"

"Nice to meet you Samreen"

"Nice to meet you too. And best of luck with her. I doubt she is going to speak even a word" She said in a hushed tone, only for Amaan to hear

Amaan laughed " Don't worry. I will handle her." He replied

Samreen nodded and then finally left, leaving the two alone.

He stepped in the room and closed the door behind him. He doesn't remember when was the last time he had been this nervous. Scratch that, he didn't remember ever being nervous at all. He was always 'Be cool and enjoy the weather' kind of guy. But, today, he was hell beyond nervous and that too because of Haya who was sitting in front of him, fidgeting with her fingers and hadn't even once glanced towards Amaan. For the first time, Amaan looked at her properly and he couldn't help but admit that she was beautiful. He wondered how he couldn't see it before. He remembered the little Haya he used to play with, he used to buy snickers for. Was she always this beautiful?

Ofcourse she was. He mentally smacked himself on head. He always looked at her as a friend, nothing beyond that. But today, he was seeing his wife, not friend.

He was looking at a girl with whom he was going to spend his entire life.

Realising that he had been standing near door and gawking at her for quite a long time, he slowly strolled towards her and sat in front of her. He could see the twinge of pink on her cheeks and tip of the nose.

Haya stole a glance at him and then quickly looked away. Amaan smiled and cautiously taking her hands in his, he started reciting the dua in whispered tone, but loud enough for Haya to hear.

"Allahumma innee as'aluka khayrahaa, wa khayra maa jabaltahaa 'alayh , wa a'oodhu bika min sharrihaa, wa sharri maa jabaltahaa 'alayh"

(O Allah! I ask you for the goodness within her and the goodness that you have made her inclined towards, and i seek refuge with you from the evil within her and the evil that you have made her inclined towards)

Amaan finished and leaning forward, he dropped a kiss on Haya's forehead. All the blood in Haya's body rushed towards her face and she was sure she would be looking like a clown. Amaan noticing her blushed face started laughing, making Haya glare at him in confusion.

"Blushing Haya kareem is really very rare thing to see. Isn't it?" Amaan wiggled his eyebrows at her teasingly.

"Did you checked your face on mirror? You look like big ball of tomato"

And the boxer Haya was back!!

"I am sure it won't be that bad as yours"

"Wow. Thats quite a compliment you give your wife after seeing her first time" Haya said sarcastically.

"Wife? Whose wife?" Amaan said and pretended to think and then widened his eyes as if remembering something "oh yeah. You are my wife." He joked, making Haya roll her eyes and look away from him

"Hey" Amaan nudged her elbow with his just to gain a glare from her.

"You look beautiful, so beautiful that i spent 5 minutes standing at door, gawking at you. I couldn't keep my eyes off you" He complimented and the blush which had faded away again returned on Haya's cheeks.

"Th..thank you" she stuttered

"You are stuttering?" Amaan asked amusingly

"N..no" she stuttered again