Chapter Twenty Three

(Jessie POV)

For the past three days, we had been on the road to a new home. After we finished talking in the diner about our situation, Eric called in some moving trucks to every one of the pack house and Mr. Murray explained to his people what was going on. I could tell that within their eyes that they were very unsure but followed regardless. Eric bumped me in with Mr. Murray, telling me that I should ride with him for most of the trip; I didn't know how to feel about it but I just nodded and sat with him, luckily, I didn't make the whole trip awkward. We talked about a lot of things, like hobbies, interest, books; he even told me that a friend of his like the same authors that I do, but it got tense when he told me that he passed. He told me a lot about him and it's sad to know what happened, but we soon changed the topic and kept on talking about other things. He doesn't talk much about his personal life and was more interested in knowing me, so I told him. I didn't get into details about some of the things, but some he found funny, like the time that I kept calling one of my teachers Dad and it became an ongoing joke where he called out the roll and then he looks at me and says "son".

We laughed and joked and sang along with some of the songs on the radio, but after three days, we were getting closer to the place Eric told us about. Eric's car, which was in front of us, turned into a dirt path and we started going down a little slope. The trees stood tall and strong, but luckily there was enough space for the trucks to get through, and when we got to the bottom, there was a big open field. Eric stopped and got out, Mr. Murray and I followed pursuit as well, and as I looked back, I could see some of the people leaving their cars and walking up towards us to ask what was going on. Mr. Murray didn't know what to do and was going to walk over to Eric and asked, when "LADY'S AND GENTALMAN, BOYS, AND GIRL!" someone called out in a stereo voice. We turned to see Eric holding a switch and a microphone, "I GIVE YOU! YOUR NEW HOME!" and just as he said that he flipped the switch and the open grounds ahead of us started to crack open and something coming up from it.

First, a saw a tall building emerging, followed by homes and gates. I was so amazed but what I was seeing, that I could hardly even believe that what was happening right in front of me was even happening. People around me was in awe and once it was completely done, Eric came up to everyone and said that every house is code activated and started to hand out envelopes to people that had key cards and addresses for each and every one of them. We go into the cars and allowed everyone find their house and have a gander, while me and Mr. Murray stayed behind and ask about us.

A red car pulled up beside us including a few others, but this red car, I have noticed it before and it does look familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it until the driver got out and my body shivered in a cold sweat. Lewis? What is he doing here? "Reza!" he called out, I hid behind Mr. Murray as he turned to face Lewis, "Do you know where we would be staying?" he asked. He started sniffing the air and I saw his head shake, as if trying to throw something off.

"Not yet, but my guess would be that building over there" he pointed to the tall one that I saw coming out first. I didn't know that Mr. Murray moved back and I felt a sting of fear go through me as someone called out my name.

"Jessie?" Lewis said in a questionable tone. I turned, keeping my head down and face towards him, "what the hell are you doing here?"

"I see that you guys have already met, Jessie, this is my brother Lewis; Jessie will be staying with us so please get along, I will explain everything to you soon" Mr. Murray explained.

I watched Lewis as he fixated his gaze between me and Mr. Murray, frowning and then saying, "but what about your mate?" Mate? What was that? I turned to Mr. Murray who frowned at him and shook his head and said he will explain later.

He talked to some other people who questioned about the situation but are also amazed by what they have seen. I stood close by the car, trying to get with the fact that Lewis, my high school bully, is Mr. Murray's younger brother. I know I said this before, that they did look alike, but I never knew that they might actually be related. It must be confusing to Lewis as well because he looked like he wanted to say something but then walks away and started pacing. What makes it worst, is that I am in love with my bullies' brother who is also my teacher; this is a weird coincidence and is almost too funny to even laugh at.

After a while, Eric came up to us and directed us to our houses. While I was looking around, I could see everyone in their new homes, stunned and amazed and some even playing around with their new keys. Everyone had a fair amount room and I even saw people already unpacking. Before long, we all stood outside of the tall building that stood over everything. "This right here will be your new home," he said as he pushed open the doors. "This place is much more advance since each door in this room can only be unlocked but these" he explained while holding up a small chip, "this little guy is water proof and can access any room, well, pacific rooms. And every time you enter someone's room, your chip will be read and put into a log book in case of any situations. I will also add in heart scenes as well as voice recognition, of cause, I will have every conversation recorded, but don't worry, they will all be confidential". He went along and told us a lot of the security surveillance and even some interesting things, such as no one can enter their rooms unless they have that chip that could be inside any device we want, as long it is something we use every day. Finally, we got to our rooms and mine was right by Mr. Murray's room, however, "sorry Jessie, I am still working on your room and a few others" he said.

"It's okay, I can stay in one of the other guest rooms, can't I?" I asked but he shook his head.

"I hadn't fully given them complete security, so I thought that maybe you can stay in Reza's room" he suggested and I blushed and shook my head.

"No! I mean, it's not appropriate for me to stay in his room when he has already done so much and I-" I panicked and I watched as his face went down.

"But I built this place!" he said childishly, "and if I say stay with him, I say stay". This is weird side of him, I never saw him act like this. Maybe it is because we are out of danger that he can no longer keep a stern look about him. That was my thought, but it is still weird.

"I might have to agree with Jessie on this one" a voice called out and we turned to see Mr. Murray standing near us. "Not that I wouldn't mind or anything, it's just that, maybe he should hang around someone his age, someone he can be friends with" he explained and I knew what he was going to say, and I didn't like it. But, I can't see any other way around this, and I would say 'no, I changed my mind, I want to stay with you!' but the truth is, the reason of why I didn't say that, was because he had a worried expression.

Eric turned to him and asked him why, but Mr. Murray whispered into his ear and I watched as Eric nodded and then opened his mouth in an 'oh' before telling me that I should spend a few nights in his room.

Things are just getting better and better, aren't they?