"No! Please I'm begging you don't hurt my parents!"

"Ah, I like it when you beg, little one."

The first slice.

Natasja clenched her fists hard enough to almost draw blood. She hated it when she had flashbacks from that night. It was too much.

"Hey, are you alright?" Lily looked concerned as she noted the redhead's suddenly pale complexion. "You look like-"

Her brown eyes widened as they caught something from behind Natasja and she immediately pulled her aside.

"Good afternoon," it was the woman Natasja had seen a while ago. She was still in the same attire she was in when they met, except this time she was bringing a large, black duffel bag.

"G-good afternoon, Kael," Lily stuttered, only briefly looking at her face before looking at the ground again. She created as much space as she could for the grey-eyed woman to pass through, pushing back Natasja in the process.

The woman tilted her head, seemingly sensing another presence. "Tank girl?"

Natasja blinked, mesmerized by how those full lips moved and realized a little late that the tall woman was referring to her.

"Who? M-me?"

Kael chuckled, a low, surpsingly sexy sound. "So it is you. I apologize for the reference, I don't believe we've properly met," she extended a hand, one that was not holding the duffel bag. "I'm Kael."

"O-oh, um, Natasja," she shook her hand, immediately noting the callous skin of the other woman. "Nice to meet you."

"The pleasure's all mine," the dark-haired woman smiled, and that dimple popped out on one cheek. "If you'll excuse me." She slightly bowed to both women out of respect.

Then she walked away.

"OH MY GOD," Lily breathed. "You actually had a conversation with her."

Natasja was confused. "Is that not allowed here?"

"No, it's just," Lily seemed to have a hard time breathing. "That's Kael Maddox. She may be blind, but her other senses are impossibly heightened and she's extremely talented in combat."

"Wow," Natasja craned her neck to see where Kael was headed. "She seems nice. Do you have a crush on her or something?"

"Oh she's nice when she feels like it," Lily sighed, steering her to their room again. "Usually she's quiet and keeps to herself. And yes, everyone in this academy has a crush on her. She's undeniably attractive. But it's the things she's done in her past that make people stay away from her."

"I see." Natasja was beyond curious to know who this Kael Maddox is, but she knew she'd find out in time.

"And here we are," Lily swiped her wrist against the lock on their white door and it beeped, unlocking and slowly swinging open.

A simple white room came into view as the door swung open. The designs of the two desk tables, beds, and closets were modern. The soft yellow lights giving just enough illuminance. It was a calming and warm environment.

"I like the vibes," Natasja hummed. The reason why the room was dark was because the shades were drawn.

"I know right?" Lily walked over to her side. "Get settled then. We have roll call in ten minutes." She tossed her a leather jacket and Natasja caught it, noting the letter "D" with the school seal engraved in silver at the back. Natasja guess it stood for Duma. "Here. Put that on."

"That won't be necessary," a voice sounded at the doorway and both girls whipped their heads to the speaker. An african-american woman stood in the doorway, dressed in a suit and heels. "I am Dr. Harper Grey, the President of this school. You've been reassigned to a new room due to a change in your rank." She was referring to Natasja.

"My...rank?"

"Isn't she Duma?" Lily asked. "I mean, I'm not sure, but that's what I'm assuming."

"Initially," the president smiled. "But this morning we've received news from her psychological results. She's been transferred to Sabrael."

Lily's eyes widened and her jaw dropped slightly as she looked at Natasja with new eyes. "W-what the fuck did you go through?"

"That, Miss Bonds, is classified and you know it." Dr. Grey cleared her throat at the blonde's inappropriate choice of words.

"Wait, why? What's going on?" Natasja is seriously regretting not reading the handbook.

"Out of the thousands of students here, only ten are Sabrael," Lily walked over to gently take the jacket from the french girl. She rubbed her arm. "You're transferring to their dorm."

Dr. Grey nodded once, smiling at Lily. "Thank you, Miss Bonds. Saves me the breath for explaining," she turned to Natasja. "Except for the dorm part. You'll be staying at the dorm #37."

Lily gasped then choked and started coughing.

Natasja raised a brow at her reaction whilst patting her back then brought her attention back to the president. "I'll get settled right away, ma'am."

"Very well," Dr. Grey smiled, her white teeth a stark contrast against her beautifully smooth, dark skin. "I'll see you at the Main Hall."

"Thank you," Natasja and Lily both said their goodbyes and the door clicked shut.

Natasja then turned to Lily, placing her hand on her hip.

"What was that about?"

"Oh my fuck, oh my goodness," Lily was looking out the window, muttering and biting her fist.

"Lily, tell me what's wrong?"

"Dorm #37 is Kael fucking Maddox's place," She was pacing. Then she stopped, worry and fear evident in her eyes. "I know we just met but I already care about you and I need you to promise me something, ok?"

"Okay...?"

"Just don't fucking trust her, you hear me?"