Chapter 6

(A/n) If you read this right after I post it, it may not be edited yet! Sorry about the spelling errors. Oh well, hope you like it!

*******************

"What do you want to do now?" Travis asks me when we both start to slurp up the sad remains of milkshake in the bottom of our glasses. "Well its still light out, we could just go for a walk?" I suggest. "Sounds good to me. When we're done we can come back for the car." He says. I nod and we both get up to leave.

He holds the door open of me. "Aw what a gentleman!" I tease. I start to laugh but quickly stop when I'm suddenly lifted off the ground. "Travis! No put me down!" I yell as I hang over his shoulder. He just laughs at me. "Oh Sarah don't worry, this gentleman will put you down in a minute." he jokes. Nice one Travis, nice.

"Okay thats enough, put me down!" I say, using my fists to pound on his back.

Again he just laughs. "Patience young one!" he says. I have to laugh at his cheesiness. Thats when an idea pops into my head. There is something I know about Travis that I can use against him.

Using my pointer fingers I slowly move my hands from his back, to his sides. without warning I jab my fingers right into his sides. thats right, he's a sucker for jumper cables.

Instantly he jumps and I go flying. My plan worked! Sort of... For a few short seconds I'm proud of my escape but when my body suddenly hits the hard grass covered ground, my success is short lived.

When Travis had been carrying me, he walked far enough to take us away from the hard cement street. I guess during my struggles he made it all the way to the park. Its not that impressive, the park is only a three minute walk from the outlet mall.

I'm very glad he got us this far because instead of cracking my skull on the cement I start to role down a hill. In a split second I see Travis attempt to grab me, but he fails and starts to join me. I can hear his grunts of frustration over my own and cant help but laugh. how did we even get in this mess?

Suddenly my body starts to slow down as we reach the bottom of the hill. When I'm at a complete stop I sit up and try to shake the aches out of my limbs. But to my surprise I'm suddenly nocked back down by Travis who is still on his decent.

With a grunt I fall right on my back and I can barely breath with Travis on top of me.

"T-Tr-av-is!" I wheeze. "Oops sorry Sar." he says and roles off. Finally

oxygen re-fills my lungs as I take a much needed deep breath.

I see Travis stand and start to brush himself off and I get up to join him. As I brush off the dirt and grass from my body, I look up to where we came from. the hill that seemed to be miles long as we came crashing down, seems only to be about 25 ft. Wow.

I look over to Travis and find him looking at me. I see a smirk start to form on his lips so I quickly try to figure out why. "What? Did you bump you head on the way down?" I question. He slowly walks over to me and doesn't seem to notice me comment. As he gets closer I begin to realize how close. I can feel his warm breath on my face, and I can just detect the faint smell of a chocolate milkshake.

My heart flutters in my chest as he reaches a hand slowly to my face. his fingertips gently brush against my cheek and they find there way to my hair. I can imagine my ponytail isn't looking the greatest at this point. He smiles and starts to back away, pulling something out of my hair in the proses.

"You missed this." he says handing me a leaf that had previously been on top of my head. "Thanks." I shyly say and take the leaf from him. I can feel my cheeks start to heat up so I look at the ground hoping he doesn't notice.