Chapter 5

Worst. Day. Ever.

Every possible thing that could go wrong, did.

To kick of this sh*t day, there was that awesome chat with Brent. Sarcasm? Yup. Then of course I was late to first hour. There is no way my mom will ever let me go to art camp. Fifth hour was not much better when we were given our chapter tests back. I received my very first F on a test. Ever. By the time lunch rolled around I was about to pull my hair out. Some of the loud-mouth-brats that I sit with even asked me if it was my time of the month. You can bet that those girls won't find them sitting at my table tomorrow.

I think the clock in my last hour class is rigged to tick slower than any other clock in the world. I almost fell asleep three times while the teacher rambled about continental armies, presidents and that crap. Those people are dead; why do I have to know what there favorite type of cereal was?

Finally, the glorious sound of the bell rang through the school. I packed my bag last hour and brought it with me so I could slip out of the building with the least amount of chatter possible. Using my long legs I make wide strides to the front door. I'm getting more and more excited as the free world got closer and closer. The only thing that I had to look forward to all day was hanging out with Travis. I smile when I think of his soft sweet eyes. I can't wait to have the old times back. Only about 15 feet until I'm out. 12, 10, 5... so close...

Right as my hand lands on the cool metal of the door handle, I feel a hand grip onto my shoulder. I huff and spin around, glaring at the person that stopped me from my escape. To my complete and utter shock I'm met face to face with my principal. She towers over me with those gray heels- trust me, its very intimidating. A strange sent of roses and metallic pen ink fills my lungs, causing me to cough. (don't ask me to explain what that smells like, it just does) She waits for me to stop choking on air, and then opens her mouth to say something but I cut her off.

"I don't mean to be rude, but what do you want?" I snap. She doesn't seem to like the tone in my voice and her eyes narrow. "I was just wondering where you were going Ms. Montgomery, I seem to recall that you have detention." Though she says it in an innocent way, her eyes and body language are much different. She's proud of her little come back.

Are you freakin kidding me right now? This is the last thing I need! I have been waiting all day to get out of here and now I can't leave! Not only that but what about Travis? I'm going to miss our little get together...

I want nothing more than to flip my principal off, but I feel like that's not a very good idea. So instead I just stomp off in the opposite direction. With all the anger that bubbles up inside of me, I almost feel like some monster: Sarah. If anyone talks to me I won't trust myself to say anything decent. Watch out students of Jefferson high. Sarah's not in a good mood.

I greeted with my entourage of clones by the main office. But I'm used to tuning out their giggles and gossip, so I barely even notice them and continue fuming down the hall. But then I see a blur and feel a harsh shove, then I'm on the ground.

The people around me quickly pull me up and brush me off, but the other girl isn't quite so lucky. She lays sprawled out on the ground with papers all around her.

"Watch where you're going freak!" I snap as she attempts to gather her things. "I'm so sorry Sarah, I was in a rush and-" she stammers and clutches papers to her chest, but I cut her off. "Yeah I've herd it before, you were in a rush. Just get your fat @$$ out of my face." I say. Her face pales and she stumbles to get up. I hear giggles behind me and I smirk.

Just as the girl is up and about to run off, one of her binders falls and papers go flying. Her face turns beet red and she runs to pick them all up. I grunt and put a hand on my hip. A white sheet lands at my feet and curiosity takes over as I pick it up. Its a math test, and there is a big red D- at the top. I smirk and laugh. The girl suddenly notices what I've done and once again her face resembles that of a ghost.