seventeen

a.n - all the characters portrayed in this story are around the same age.

the warm water sprayed lightly onto my back, and i closed my eyes, enjoying the long-awaited shower.

i, of course, had to use ryan's shampoo and conditioner. i felt bad about it, it looked expensive. which was surprising. i mean, he lived in an apartment in an alleyway, how could he afford expensive shampoo?

after realizing that maybe he just liked a certain type of shampoo (and that it was dumb to even question something as stupid as shampoo), i put some in my hair.

a gunshot.

a muffled scream.

silence.

i quickly rinsed out the shampoo, turning off the shower. i grabbed a towel from under the sink, wrapping it tightly around my body before rushing out of the bathroom, almost slipping as i ran down the hallway.

the padlock door was open, and i wearily stepped inside. it was completely dark, which i didn't mind due to the fact that i most likely wasn't supposed to be down here anyways.

i stumbled down a few steps, something i didn't expect. a basement? i pulled up my towel, which was shifting as i walked.

there was another door, and i opened it. the door creaked loudly, and i hesitated before stepping into the next room. it was dimly lighted, the walls a deep green color, and the floor a scuffed concrete. there was a light switch, and i eagerly turned it on. 

the room slowly brightened. polaroids were covering most of the walls, and i stepped towards them. 

pictures of ryan with brendon. pictures of ryan with different men and women. one of them i even noticed was gerard. they were both sitting at a bar, gerard's arm was wrapped awkwardly around ryan, and ryan was giving off a beaming smile. i stepped back again, deciding to check out the room later. i walked into a different door.

"seems like things are going to plan, right? oh, speaking of which" ryan chuckled over josh, who was tied to the chair in the middle of a concrete room. ryan looked up.

"looks like you have to fill your end of the deal, miss" ryan smiled gently.