ninteen

flashback

ryan squeezed his eyes shut, rubbing his temple and leaning back into his chair. they found out about it. about him. it was only a matter of time until the police found out where he lived.

shutting his laptop, he quickly got up. as soon as he did, his dog, dottie, lifted her head from the hardwood floor and looked curiously at ryan.

"i'm sorry, dot, i have to leave for a while" ryan apologized sympathetically, reaching down and patting his beloved dog on the head. "i'll get jon to watch you. you like jon, right?" dottie wagged her tail in response, and ryan smiled gently.

ryan took a look around his house. it was big - bigger than the average home - but not big enough to be considered a mansion. ryan loved it. it was his own, after all. and he very much enjoyed his life alone with dottie.

of course, brendon did come over often. it sucked, rather, knowing that they'd have to keep their relationship under wraps due to brendon's fan base. that meant no dates, no social media photos, and no showing off to their friends, as well as the world. ryan hated this, yes, but if it meant he could still be in a relationship with brendon, it was worth it.

not anymore. not after his death. it was all josh's fault.

you might be wondering why ryan was so afraid of being caught. of being found by the police. it was quite a long story, but fairly simple to put into a few sentences.

ryan was in a sort of gang. you couldn't reallt call it a gang. he got calls from people, and him and a group of others take the request. this includes being a hitman, detective (he was quite smart), robber, and even a kidnapper.

the group was small and close knit. it only included a few, hand picked people. such as ryan, brendon, jon, spencer, and tyler.

yes, tyler.

words can not explain how much this "job" aggravated ryan. it was fun occasionally, mostly when he was in a group of people. but other than that it was stressful. always having to cover up his tracks, confirming his deeds, and trying not to become a suspect in any way.

which is, of course, was the complete opposite of what happened.

ryan drifted over to his room, grabbing a rather size-y suitcase, along with a large duffel bag.

there he packed his basic necessities - clothes, toiletries, shoes, and other stuff as well, in his bag.

in his suitcase he added things that would make his "new" home seem cozy. mostly decorations.

then the gun

the ammo

the rope

the knife.

he grabbed his phone out and called a real estate company, renting a house in california in the city. just for a few weeks.

end flashback