Ruckus and Warning

Fuu wasn't sure how late it had been when she and Hiroshi finally returned to his family's home. He had walked her to her room, assured her that he wouldn't tell his parents about her leaving the house, or about her connection to the criminal who had broken in, then kissed her softly on the forehead and wished her sweet dreams. Not knowing how late she had been out resulted in not really knowing how much sleep she'd actually gotten when she sat up with a bleary yawn, looked about, panicked for a brief moment at the realization she wasn't in her own apartment and relaxed after remembering where she was.

It was hard to believe that so much had happened in a single twenty-four hour period. She'd left her home to go to work the previous morning, not expecting anything remarkable. It had proceeded to be a run of the mill day, up until she was proposed to, the former bodyguard she had been certain she would never see or hear from again suddenly popped up, she met her new fiancé's family, and said former bodyguard broke into that family's house apparently to listen in on said meeting. If it weren't for waking up in a guest room in Hiroshi's house, she would be certain it had all been a dream!

Standing, the twenty year old woman stretched, scratching the back of her neck. She was in a yukata that had been given to her to sleep in, having only changed into it before actually going to sleep. She frowned slightly, remembering that her kimono had been pretty wet after her outing in the rain in search of Mugen the night before. It probably wouldn't be dry yet. A quick look at the rack she had draped it on near the window confirmed her suspicions, and she groaned in response. What was she supposed to wear now? She couldn't run around in the yukata she'd slept in! And she certainly couldn't go to work in it! Damn Mugen for making her follow him last night! Okay, so he hadn't forced her, but if he hadn't broken into the house and made it so obvious he was up to no good, she wouldn't have had to chase after him to see what exactly he was doing! Her logic was flawless, this was his fault!

Suddenly, her mind returned to her previous thought. She couldn't go to work in a yukata. It occurred to her that she didn't have the slightest idea what time it was, other than a good time to panic. The young waitress rushed to her bedroom door and moved to push the shoji aside so that she could ask whomever she happened to stumble upon first what the current hour happened to be. She was probably running so late! As the screen slid away to reveal the hall, the maid that Mugen had so selfishly accosted the night before stood there, blinking in surprise at the fact that she hadn't even been able to knock yet. In the servant's hands was a deep green kimono with copper colored embroidery in the shape of koi on it. Not that Fuu noticed before demanding, "What time is it?"

"You have plenty of time, Miss." The maid calmly replied with a small smile, "Hiroshi-sama visited the tea house, and assured them that you would be there in about an hour. I was just about to make certain you were awake."

An hour? She glanced at the window outside. That couldn't be right. Judging by the amount of sunlight, she was already late, or would be by the time she arrived.

Seeing the younger woman's look of confusion the servant patiently explained, "He made them aware of the situation last night. You employer said it would be alright if you ran a little late. Hiroshi-sama also purchased this for you; he said your other kimono somehow got wet?"

Fuu looked to the new kimono that was offered by the maid, then to her still damp pink ensemble. Green wasn't exactly the waitress' color of choice, but she didn't doubt it would look nice on her. And she did need something to wear, so she couldn't exactly object. With a nod, she reached out to accept the gift, "Thank you."

"Thank Hiroshi-sama when next you see him. He's obviously quite smitten." The older woman smiled and turned, "Breakfast shall be waiting when you are ready."