"Run till you understand what this service stands for," He added while Manik broadened his chest to let each his word sink in. 

Colonel had left all his work since morning and was sitting there to keep a watch on Manik. Major Khan was seeing Manik run with plain face but slowed pace. He knew it was getting too much for the boy. He couldn't ask Colonel Singh why Manik was getting that punishment. Nobody could dare to ask. Deep inside, everyone was feeling for that boy who never did a wrong. 

"Make sure he completes 50 laps," Colonel instructed Major Khan and walked to his office. Someone had come to meet him

Colonel Singh entered his office to find Madhav sitting there with a stern face. He didn't bother to smile at his friend and Colonel himself wasn't in mood to exchange greetings. 

"Singh," Madhav spoke after a thick pause. 

"You know why I am here," He added and Colonel asked peon to stop shuffling the files and go outside. 

"I know," Colonel replied gravely. 

A silence played till Madhav came up with rightly calculated words. 

"Nobody know it's your cadet," He said. 

"I don't want anybody comes to know, Singh," He added making his point clear. 

Same newspaper which had created thunderstorm in town was laying on table. Nobody knew who was the boy. Headline was "Daughter of Madhav Murthy kissed a boy in dark". 

"Nobody will know," Colonel replied. 

"It's a shame that he is your boy, Singh. I never knew that your academy produce such douchebags," Madhav spoke bitterly. 

"I never had slightest of idea that it would reach such a junction otherwise I would have never let that boy near Nandini," He added. 

Colonel's blood boiled listening his dear friend playing one sided notes. 

"It's not his fault alone," Colonel spoke out of vengeance. Nandini was dear to him but this game was demanding some valor.  

"Of course it's his fault," Madhav barked. 

"I tried making him understand in every possible language but seems like that boy lacks some basic decency," He added infuriating Colonel more. 

"So you want to say your daughter has whatsoever no fault in whatever happened?" Colonel raised his voice. 

"You cannot be serious," Madhav chuckled not believing. 

"Don't you see how you are failing at taming a pony of yours, it's clearly your fault and of your cadet," He snarled. 

"You lack, Madhav. You lack in giving good parenting to your bad-ass daughter," Colonel blurted out in fit of anger. 

"Enough, SINGH," Madhav got up not wanting to hear more. 

"I can't believe you, my friend, are badmouthing my daughter for a cadet of your academy," He played his card. 

"And I can't believe you are putting entire blame of Manik," Colonel had picked wrong card to play with. Now he had to take his turn no matter he had his cards wrong. 

"I thought she is like your daughter," Madhav said in a deep voice. 

Colonel seemed to find right words. He knew he had overstepped. He could never mean those words he had said about Nandini. He loved that kid. But guess what, it was too late. Battle was ongoing. 

"I don't want your damn cadet near my daughter anymore. If I see him around, believe me, I would take down this academy of yours," Madhav yelled on top of his voice.