Chapter 13

Liza's POV

"I'm gonna miss you baby." David cooed, watching me nuzzle my head into the crook of his neck. I nodded and let go of him, giving him a kiss.

"Have fun in Chicago!"

I watched as he disappeared into the sea of people rushing to their gates. I looked out the window a few minutes later, seeing David's plane take off down the runway.

"Alright, we gotta go to that photoshoot Liza," Gabbie said, grabbing my arm. I took her with me so that I had a friend, but honestly, I took her so I wasn't alone. I can't have anything happen to me while David's gone.

I sighed. "Do we have to?" I groaned, following Gabbie out the sliding doors of LAX and into my car.

*

I threw my car keys onto the couch and slumped into a chair. That photoshoot drained me of all my energy. I jumped when I heard a tiny bark coming from behind me. I turned around and there Cloud was, jumping up and down in her play pen.

"Hello pretty girl!" I said as I lifted her up out of the pen. "Wanna go outside?"

When she heard the word, her tail wagged crazily and she started wriggling on the floor like a worm, sprinting on the hard-wood floors over to the back door to go to the bathroom. I opened the door and she ran out, squatting immediately.

Silly dog, I thought to myself, watching her chase a hummingbird. It was about four in the afternoon, so the warm sun was beating down on the puppy as she galloped around the yard, her pink tongue bouncing around her sharp little teeth. I smiled, watching her. It's like I'm a mom!

*

I woke up to the sound of my phone alarm ringing loudly. "Ugh...," I groaned, rolling over in my pristine white sheets to turn the alarm off. I hoisted myself out of bed and groggily walked over to my closet to get dressed.

It was a crisp morning, about 7 AM, when I headed out for my morning run. I had on a Nike gray athletic tank top and black running shorts, with Nike socks and my free-runs. My hair was up in a bun and I had put on a black Nike headband.

"Good morning!" My neighbor, Ainsley, shouted, walking down her driveway to get the mail. I smiled and waved.

As I turned around at the half-mile point, I saw a car turn into my driveway.

"What the hell?" I murmured, jogging back to my little townhouse.

I sighed with relief as I saw whose car it was. 

"Gabbie! What's up home-slice!" I exclaimed, wrapping my small arms around the brunette.

"Just checking in, I know David left," Gabbie replied, releasing from the hug.

"Awe, that's so nice of you. Wanna come in for lunch? I'm gonna order some sushi," I said, walking towards my front door. Cloud was yapping out the window, jumping up and down and scratching on the pane.

"Of course! I brought my laptop because I need to finish editing this weeks video." Gabbie said. I nodded and opened the door, letting her in. The small white puppy jumped around Gabbie's feet, nipping the top of her Converse, making the shoes come untied. Gabbie laughed and scooped up the small dog, letting Cloud lick her chin happily. "I love this dog." She said, amongst kisses.

"Me too," I laughed and sat down on the chair, opening my phone to order some California rolls.