Chapter 9: From Los Angeles, California To Indianapolis, Indiana

------One Year Later------

I can't believe it's been one full year since Taylor and I have moved to Indiana with Landon, and so far, we're liking it. And since we don't live in California anymore, I'm kind of feeling homesick because I miss my parents and my brother, as well as my other family members there in California, but we're here for Taylor's job and his family as well, so it's totally worth it. Ever since we've been in Indiana, Taylor has been super busy, he doesn't even have time for me and his son anymore, but it makes me love Taylor even more because he's the type of husband where, even though he is super busy with work and stuff, he still tries to find time to be with us. Today is a typical Friday morning in the Caniff House, so I got up and fixed Taylor's clothes for the day, then went to the kitchen to make him some breakfast. I made him some scrambled eggs with bacon and toast. After he finished with breakfast, he brushed his teeth, gave the girls a kiss on the forehead, gave me a kiss, then grabbed his things and walked out the door to start his work day. As for me, I had nothing to do for the whole day, besides taking care of my son. I fed Landon his lunch before I put him down for a nap. Today for lunch, I decided to feed him some chicken and rice, which I decided to have some myself. After Landon was done eating, I let him watch a little TV before I put him down in his crib for a nap. After I put Landon down, I went back to the kitchen to finish my lunch. After lunch, I watched some TV while folding some laundry. I had 3 loads of laundry to fold, so I know that this will take me a while. While I was working on the first load of laundry, I heard my phone ringing. I took a break from folding laundry to see who was calling me. Turns out, it was Taylor who was calling me. I quickly answered the phone. "How's my queen doing?" Taylor answered. "I'm doing fine babe. How's work going?" I asked. "So far, it's going great. All I've had all day were meetings, so my day has been eventful." He replied.

"How is Landon?" Taylor asked. "He's great. He's taking a nap right now, so he should be waking up within the next two hours or so." I replied. "I really miss you guys so much." Taylor said. "We miss you too babe. I want you to be home now so I can hug you." I said. "I want to hug you too, right now." Taylor said. "So what are you up to?" I asked Taylor. "Nothing much. Just on my lunch break. What about you?" He replied. "Folding laundry while watching some TV." I replied to Taylor. We chatted for 20 more minutes until he had to hang up to go back to work. I finished working on the rest of the laundry while continuing to watch TV. I finished folding all the laundry after 2 1/2 hours. Once I finished doing the laundry, Landon woke up just in time. I went to his room and picked him up. I changed him and put him into his outfit for the day. After I changed him, I brought him to the living room and let him watch TV while he had some water in his sippy cup to drink.

------4 hours later------

It is now 6:30 pm, and it was time for me to make some dinner before Taylor comes home. Landon went down for his second nap, and he should be waking up in the next 30 minutes or so. He woke up right as I was finishing gathering my ingredients together for what I was going to cook. I changed him and set him on the couch with his sippy cup with water and watched one of Taylor's videos that he did a few years ago when he did a review on a song. (A.N. - Video is posted above). For dinner tonight, I decided to make one of Taylor's favorite meals, Fettuccine Alfredo with Shrimp and a side of Caesar Salad. I made the Alfredo first because it takes a little longer to make. But today it only took me about 30 minutes - 1 hour to cook the noodles and make the sauce. After I finished making the pasta, I went on to making the salad. Right as I was mixing the salad, I heard the door opening. I turned around and saw Taylor walking through the door. "Just in time for dinner babe." I said as Taylor took his shoes off and set his things down. He walked over to me and grabbed my waist, turned me around, and landed a sweet kiss on my lips. "I missed you so much today." He said as he kissed my forehead, then my lips. "I missed you too baby." I replied as I gave him a hug. "Want me to help you set the table?" Taylor offered. "That would be great. Thanks babe." I smiled as Taylor grabbed our plates and set up the table. I put the food on the table and picked up Landon and brought him over to the table. We each got our servings and I gave Landon a little bit of pasta and some salad. "Hey babe, I have the whole week off next week. Want to do anything fun?" Taylor said. "Really? That's amazing! We should go around and tour Indianapolis." I smiled. "That's a perfect idea." Taylor smiled as we finished our dinner.