X.22

It was cold the rest of the week, I spent most of my time home locked in my room. I wouldn't get much sleep and I'd stare out the window at night, purposely leaving it half open. I should have known deep down he wouldn't come. X had made it clear where we stood, or at least where he thought we should. 

I wasn't sure then what he was scared of. 

But I came to the conclusion that just like me X was scared, scared of what would happen. I used to have this fear deep down inside, fear of being near guys or talking to them. Now since meeting him and listening to his music he has changed so much of me, it was hard not to open myself up to him. 

The more I talked with him the more I came to realize just how bad I wanted to become someone important to him. 

And without me realizing I came to like him, grow fond of the little things he did. The time we spent together had made a huge impact on my life. Now I wanted to make an impact on his, show him that things like life, love, and trust were important and real, beyond real. 

Checking the time I figured it would be a good idea to start getting ready right about now. I shifted above the covers, my feet landing on the carpet when I heard a soft tap come at my door. 

I walked over pulling it open, surprised by who was on the other side. "Megan?" 

She smiled. "Long time no see." 

I swallow, unsure of why she's here. I hadn't spoken to her in a while, frankly I was just really angry at the way she treated X. She judged him like everyone else based off of rumors rather than giving him the chance to prove himself. 

"I heard your going to the party to see the freak-" She shook her head. "I mean Jahseh-X the guy who you like." 

I sigh. "How did you find out?" 

She shrugs. "I live for the parties and besides I'm going with Lucky." 

Lucky? My eyes widen. "Wait. You and Lucky? The guy you tried hooking me up with is taking you to a party?" My mouth hangs open stunned. 

"It sort of just happened." She begins. 

I lift my hand up. "It's fine. I don't care that you and him have a thing." 

She nods. "Anyways I thought maybe you would like me to do your makeup, I can't really do it like the pro's at your work but-" 

I gasp. "You know about that?" 

Again she nods. "Lucky sort of showed me, I wasn't sure it was you. I mean what girl intentionally hides how beautiful they are?" Her eyebrows furrow in confusion. If only she knew why she wouldn't be looking at me that way. "I'm not mad you kept it a secret just sort of jealous. I wish that I could do that too." 

I laugh. "Megan what are you talking about you have it all." I playfully tap her on the shoulder. "But yeah I could use your help my makeup skills suck." 

She grins holding up a bag full of what she calls magic. "Okay so let's get to it!" She squeals. 

+ + + 

Megan had gone home once she finished so she could get ready. I looked at myself in the mirror, wondering how long had it been since I really looked at myself and thought I was beautiful? I use to curse my face every day. I hated every inch of me, from head to toe. Those eyes that my fellow coworkers said could seduce and these plum pink lips that were naturally colored. Because of this...because of me that man had come into my life, claiming we were meant to be. That I was his soul mate. 

That I would have no one else but him. 

And for a while no one else but him haunted me, the fear crept up at me at night knowing he was watching me. 

That he was everywhere I was. 

I gulp, unknowingly my hand trembles and I clench it into a fist. "Be strong." I whisper. 

I look at myself again this time but in a whole other different state of mind. 

My long black hair was left loose not tied up in a bun something I was beginning to do again. My dress was loose fitting but seemed to hug all the right parts and my makeup thanks to Megan made me look completely different. 

My cheeks burned as I imagined how X would look at me. 

I wondered if he'd know it was me. 

But the necklace he'd given me would give it away. 

I wondered if he still had the beaded bracelet I gave him, the bracelet that represented our bond, how we were now tied by fate. And I would do anything to keep it that way. 

I was interrupted by a honk. Scar must be here, grabbing my purse I pulled the door open and headed down the stairs.

"That kid who is he?" My mom asks, the door was already wide open, her head peeking out and back into the house. 

I played it cool. "He's a model I work with, I'll be back later from the shoot. Buenas noches." I press a kiss on her cheek and dash outside before she can question me some more. Scar has a smirk on his face as I hop into his car. 

"You look cute." He compliments while setting the car into drive. 

I blush, looking out the window. "Don't drive like a maniac." I threaten. 

I hear him laugh over the screeching tires and immediately regret asking for a ride to the party. 

-tbc-

-A/N: the braclet in the pic is like the one X has, also just wanted to comment on this chapter. This story centers around a dark theme and tragedy that is yet to unfold which is why for now we only see bits and pieces of Flor's past but as the story progresses it'll make much more sense as to who this mystery person is and well other than that enjoy the happy moments ...while they last -