raison #6

After practice, those who were attending the study session came to Shiori's house. They collapsed onto the furniture, some even on the ground.

"I'm happy you guys are all washed up so you don't stink up the house." Shiori commented. She headed over to the fridge and took out a plate of onigiri, which caused everyone to look at her, "You each have 2 onigiri each. I'm going to take a shower." She unwrapped the plastic wrap from the plate and threw it away, going to her room.

She heard chorus of 'Ittadakimasu' erupt from the other rooms as she went into her own one, shutting the door behind her.

Shiori fished her phone out of her bag, seeing it light up, a notification from MiracleBoy and a few text messages from her childhood friends.

MiracleBoy: I just re-watched that volleyball anime! Season 3 was so good! I get thrills every time I see it!

FlyHigh: You're so lucky you have the time to watch it! I've been busy this week so I don't have any time to watch but read.

She checked her other notifications, responding to whoever had texted her.

Trashykawa: Yahoo, Ricchan! I heard from your mum that you'll be coming back soon! Is that true?! I haven't seen you in agessssssss! I miss youuuuuu!

Shiori didn't even try to make a face at her childhood friend's message. She typed a quick response.

Ricchan: It's only for the weekend. It'll be pretty short.

She opened up another text message, this time from Iwa-chan.

Iwa-chan: Shiori, tell us when you come so we can pick you up.

Shiori cracked a smile. Iwaizumi always had such direct messages.

Ricchan: Yeah, okay. Tell Trashy not to overwork himself again, okay? And you, too.

It was at that time that she got a phone call. It was her mum.

Geez, I'm sure popular today. She chuckled to herself and accepted the call.

"Hey, mum!"

-----

Yukie was incredibly tempted to grab Shiori's share of onigiri, but in the end she grabbed one and gobbled it up quickly. They were already finished, now sitting at the dining room table.

"You know, this place is really spacious." Yukie commented, smiling happily. She got up from the table and went to the sofa, flopping down onto it like seaweed. "And this is so comfortable!"

"I think Shiori said something about her dad being an animal doctor or something." Konoha remembered vaguely.

"An animal doctor? So like a vet?" Bokuto questioned.

"Somewhat. But I think he does it for all kinds of different animals, including the ones that you see on TV. You know how she loves watching those nature documentaries? Her dad sometimes appears in those too." The wing spiker explained.

"Oooh!" Bokuto brightened up, impressed. "So that's why this place is so nice!"

So that's why she loves those documentaries so much, Akaashi thought. Because she loves nature and animals. Though, I think I remember her not trying to touch a cat when it came close to her...

"What about her mum? I don't see her around." Bokuto questioned. "I've seen her dad sometimes but never her mum."

"My mum's in Miyagi. She's a science teacher." Shiori came into the room in some lounge clothes, fresh from the shower. She sat beside Yukie on the sofa.