Chapter Nineteen

"Why is it so sad?" I asked as I read over Austin's shoulder, him and Alan were writing. And I, being the annoying little child I am, was asking a billion questions. Alan had an electric guitar and was meshing together different things to see if he liked them, I was literally amazed by his skills.

"I donno, I guess this is just the way I get rid of the shit inside, you know?" Aus explained. I nodded, even though I couldn't fully understand.

I didn't have a terrible life with any dramatic milestones; I had an overprotective mother who sent me to California to live with my father, which turned out to be the best decision ever. Now I have loads of friends, even a best friend!

I really wanted to tell mother about my adventures, part of me hoped she'd be proud of how much I've grown and learnt, although the reality is she'd be anything but happy.

"I want to write sad things too." I told them, Alan shrugged and handed me a notebook and pen, I instantly started writing. I tried using similar words as they were, even though I wasn't entirely sure what they all meant.

I read it over a few times, really really not liking the way it turned out, I crumbled the page and tossed it into the corner, where the other pages the boys didn't like went.

Writing was really a process, it's not always easy, at least that's what Austin said. If you're not feeling it, the fans won't either.

"Alan can I read yours?" I asked, looking up at him from my spot on the floor. He quickly wrote a few more things before passing it down to me. I looked down at the book and frowned, they weren't words. "Alan what is this?"

He chuckled slightly, "Guitar tabs." I slowly nodded and handed it back up to him.

"Can you play it for me?"

Alan nodded, grabbing his black guitar pick off the side table.

The song was slow and gave off a somewhat sad yet comforting vibe. It amazed me how much Alan could say through his music, he didn't even need to use words.

"Can I write the words for that song?" I asked when Alan finished, I could hardly contain my jitters as ideas shot through my head.

"Go crazy." Alan smiled. I quickly grabbed the notebook and pen. I stared down at the blank page, lightly tapping the blue pen on the bindings. I replayed Alan's song over and over in my head, and soon enough I found myself writing absentmindedly.

I wrote about how Alan showed me that it's okay to dream and be a little weird, if that's what makes you happy. He taught me that we all dream about different things, and that it's always possible to make those things come true. I wrote about how life is sugar coated, but it can still be lovely if you live in the right frame of mind; don't do stupid things just because you only have one life, do things that make you happy because of course we're all going to die, but that doesn't mean you have to ruin the short life that you do have. It doesn't matter what we have done, it's what we are doing and what we will do. There's always room for change.

An hour later, Alan's eyes trailed down the page, reading my neat printing. I watched the smile on his face grow as he got closer to the end.

"Wow." he breathed, putting the paper down just to smile at me. "You aren't human."

I gave him a weird look. "I can assure you I am, Alan Ashby." I giggled.

He shook his head. "Nope, definitely an alien." Alan concluded.

I pouted a bit. "Mena told me that aliens are ugly and green. Am I ugly and green?" I looked down at my porcelain skin.

"Definitely not. But you're strange, not like anyone else on this planet, so you're an alien."