Chapter 1

My Monster

I sat on my old swing set outside. My parents are fighting again like normal. My dad is going to leave my mom and me I bet, or kick us out of the house. I'm an only child, I'm use to being alone. Well, I'm never Alone I have my monster. I don't honestly know why I call him My Monster. I never really knew his name since he told me on new years.

My Monster only likes to talk to me. I Know why, he told me that his family and friends hated him and said mean things about him so he ran away. I wish I could run away, But then I would leave my monster by himself.

I met my Monster at age 5, I'm 18 now. I remember that day well, I went to bed with my star night light. everything was good until I reached down underneath my bed and I felt his hand. I didn't scream but I looked. There was my Monster, Asleep. I decided to give my monster a blanket that night because it was cold.

My Monster never had a good image he was always bad to everyone. He killed a lot of people, he hated my parents. But somehow, that night when I gave him that blanket. He fell in love with me and protected me ever since. Why? I don't know.

My Parents stopped fighting and left to go to a business meeting. I went into my room and sat on the bed. I started doing homework. Stupid Math. Why was it so hard? It wasn't that hard a long time ago.

I heard the front door slam and I smiled. My Monster's home.