Chapter 14: Movies

By the next day, everyone knew that Shawn and I had broken up, and I was thankful that they didn't know why--I'd simply told them that a long distance relationship wasn't working.

I was finally taken off of my medication, and I felt a lot better than I had in the past month.

Today was another MagCon event, so I was showering.

As I rinsed my hair and finished, I realized I'd forgot my outfit on my bed, so I shrugged and wrapped a towel around my body, then blow drying my hair, curling the ends loosely, parting it down the middle, and then tying two strands together in the back of my head.

I went to my bed, noticing that I was late once again, and quickly put on my outfit: A black tight crop top with sleeves ending at my elbow, light high wasted denim shirts with slight tears, and American Flag vans.

I ran down to the lobby, apologizing for being so late.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I hissed at Nash. We currently shared a room.

"I did. Well, I tried to..." I rolled my eyes. "Nash, if you're trying to wake me up, all you have to do is repeatedly say or make annoying noises. it always works."

"Mm, if you say so."

I glared at Nash. Despite our fake disliking towards each other--He looked really cute.

He noticed me staring and opened his mouth to probably make a witty remark, but Bart called us all into order--We were getting ready to meet the fans.

I sat next to Sadie, and we had a lot of fun goofing around, and the whole thing went by quicker than expected.

Before I knew it, we were all on the stage.

"Chicago, how is everyone?" Nash began. Cheering. He began talking about stupid stuff until finally it was time for me to sing.

I sang my song fine, thankfully, and then danced around with Carter and Cameron, even talking with Mahogany at her table.

When the event was over, we didn't do much in our hotel rooms. I made a YouTube video with Nash, but I was too lazy to start editing it--it was really funny, and in the end I got to throw eggs at him.

I was on the phone with my mom when Nash came out of the shower, shirtless.

"Everything's going okay, right, honey? You aren't pregnant or anything...?"

"Mom!" I shrieked. I was a virgin, and the thought that my mother thought I had sex at this age was crazy to me, though I guess in reality, I could see why she thought so--she was a teen mom herself, having me when she was only 14, and my sister only 2 years later.

"What? You don't want to be like me when I was your age."

"Gee, thanks." I said, mocking hurt.

"You know that wasn't personal."

I laughed. "Yeah. Well, I'm gonna go to sleep now, mom. Tell Marilyn I said hi, okay?"

"Are you talking to Holly? Hey, Holly! Mom, let me see the phone." I heard my sisters voice, then a muffled sound, then her voice again.

"Have you hooked me up with Hayes yet?" She said. I rolled my eyes.

"You are far too young--"

"Shut up, sis. I hope you know, I'm only 2 years younger than you."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm tired, I'm gonna go to sleep."

"Okay. Love ya."

"I love you, too."

The end of the line went dead, she'd quickly hung up before me, a game we played.

Nash walked out of the shower, drying his hair and picking up his phone.

"I'm bored." I said. "Are you bored?"

"Yes." Nash replied.

"Let's do something." I said.

"Like what?"

"I really don't know. Let's go to the movies."

"It's raining." He said, looking out the window.

"So?" I shrugged.

"Well...okay." He said.

"Cool." I unpacked some clothes--an Obey sweater, jeans, and black boots that stopped just below my knees that had 4 inch stiletto heels on them. I put my hair in a (not-on-purpose) messy, sporty high ponytail.

"You aren't wearing a jacket?" Nash asked.

"No. I don't think I'll need it." I said.

"An umbrella?"

"I don't have one."

"Neither do I."

I smiled. We caught a cab to the movies, not knowing what was even playing at this time.

"Shit." I sighed. The only movie playing was some sappy love story featuring Anne Hathaway.

"I guess it'll have to do." Nash said, laughing at my reaction. We got two tickets and sat in the middle. The movie theater wasn't too full, but quite a few people had showed.

I watched as the movie began. It was actually somewhat interesting, and it reminded me of the relationship Shawn and I had, and I got really emotional at the end when the character who Anne Hathaway played died from a car accident.

Nash looked at me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "What's wrong?"

"It's just sad. I'm a romantic, I cry a lot during these movies."

He sighed, and began rubbing circles around my back. I found it funny, Nash and I pretended to constantly dislike each other, when by now, it was the opposite. I'd figured during MagCon that I'd somehow formed a crush on him.

I closed my eyes, and fell asleep. When I woke up, Nash was doing the same thing, staring at me. When I looked at him, though, he blushed and looked away.

"The movies over." I yawned. "How long ago did it end?"

"Uh...10 minutes?"

"Wow, really? I'm surprised we didn't get kicked out."

"Me, too."

We stood up and walked outside. I shivered, it was cold, and we had to wait in the long line of others who wanted to hail a taxi.

I guess I was noticeably freezing, because Nash took his jacket off and wrapped it around my shoulders. "Thank you." I said. "But you should take it back. Then you'll be cold, and you tried to warn me to take a jacket."

Nash laughed. "I don't care."

I smiled. It was then that I knew, I had a crush on Nash Grier.