Chapter 27

Chapter 27

I was so happy Preston was back at school. Not only that, but Mr. Looney also took that suspension off of Preston's record, so he didn't have to worry about it anymore. I had a feeling if Brenda still had her blog up and running, she would twist things out of proportion again. Too bad she wasn't allowed to have the blog up anymore.

Preston's anger was still present, but only a tiny bit. He told me his anger wasn't going to all of a sudden go away just because he was back on his medication, so I just had to make sure that people didn't make him too angry.

Also known as Brenda and Milo.

When we were getting ready to head to our vocal class after lunch, both Brenda and Milo walked up to us. "I hope you're happy," Brenda said, crossing her arms over her chest. "Thanks to you, Milo is no longer allowed to help out at this school. That's going to reflect poorly on his resume because he can't get a reference here now."

"And whose fault is that?" Preston asked.

"Yours," Brenda said. "You blew up at Milo for no reason."

"It wasn't for no reason," Preston said. "Milo was the one who got mad at me since it was my idea for Viera, Marisol, and Kathy to perform the song dedicated just for you. Not only that, but Milo was the one who decided to lie and said I attacked him. He should have just left things alone."

"I thought you deserved getting in trouble after everything you did," Milo said. "Yelling at me in the parking lot, getting three people to sing a song that pu--"

"Publically humiliates you?" Preston asked. "You know what's more humiliating? A girl finding out her boyfriend keeps flirting with countless of girls. I may not be fond of Marisol at all, but even she doesn't deserve to have someone treat her like that."

"That still doesn't mean you can make them sing a song like that to me," Milo said.

"I didn't make them," Preston said. "I suggested it, and they agreed."

I could sense Preston was starting to get a bit angry, so I was hoping Milo and Brenda would just give up with arguing with us. It was their fault Milo wasn't allowed to help out at the school anymore.

However, I knew Brenda and Milo were stubborn, so there was no way they were going to stop arguing.

"Well, you shouldn't have suggested it," Milo said.

"Well, you shouldn't have lied to Mr. Looney saying that I attacked you," Preston said. "I am not a violent person at all, and that only made Mr. Looney think I am actually capable of hurting someone."

"You should learn to control your anger then," Brenda said.

"Preston, let's just go," I said. "There's no point arguing with them."

"Yes, leave," Brenda said. "It only proves that we're right about this."

Preston, however, wasn't going to stop until he won this argument. "You're not right about anything," he said. "And I do have my anger under control. Everyone has bad days here and there, and my bad days just so happens to be horrible. You should know that. After all, you decided to tell the whole school that I'm mentally ill. Oh, wait. You have no idea what my mental illness is, do you? You just assumed I got special treatment because of that."

"You do," Brenda said. "I've seen you break more rules than anyone in this school, yet you always seem to get away with it."

"If you actually cared about the reason and stopped making assumptions, then maybe you would get your answer," Preston said.