Nicolas Flamel: Year 1

Începe de la început

"Rubbish. Why would Snape do somethin' like that?" Hagrid argued, completely oblivious to the conversation that had occurred moments before.

Amisty traded glances with the rest of the group, giving a slight nod to Harry.

"I found out something about him. He tried to get past that three-headed-dog on Halloween. It bit him. We think he was trying to steal whatever it's guarding." He turned his green gaze onto Hagrid, his tone harboring no hint of deceit.

"How do you know about Fluffy?" Hagrid asked, the teapot clanging on the ground as it slipped from his grasp.

"Fluffy?" The quartet gasped, each with varying expressions.

Harry's was of shock, Ron confusion, Hermione concerned, and Amisty amused.

"It's a killer three-headed-dog but it's name is Fluffy. Fluffy!" She thought to herself, biting her tongue to keep from laughing.

Something told her that it wasn't the appropriate time to be giggling.

Hagrid scratched his head as he grabbed the pot from the floor, examining the dent, "Yeah -- he's mine -- bought him off a Greek chappie I met in the pub las' year -- I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the --"

"Yes?" Harry butted in, eyes bright.

"Now, don't ask me anymore. That's top secret, that is," Hagrid replied roughly, looking up at them with his eyes narrowed slightly.

"But Snape's trying to steal it," Amisty protested, taking another sip of her tea before coughing at the strength.

"Rubbish. Snape's a Hogwarts teacher, he'd do nothin' of the sort," Hagrid argued, patting her on the back gently.

Well, as gently as he could. The shock of the impact still jolted her, and she had to take a moment to recover.

"So why did he just try and kill Harry?" Hermione insisted, slamming her hands on the table as she got to her feet, eyes narrowed. "I know a jinx when I see one, Hagrid, I've read all about them! You've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking at all, I saw him!"

Clearly her viewpoint on Snape had shifted from the recent events.

Hagrid got to his feet as well, towering over the four of them, "I'm tellin' yeh, yer wrong! I don' know why Harry's broom acted like that, but Snape wouldn' try an' kill a student! Now, listen to me, all three of yeh -- yer meddlin' in things that don' concern yeh. It's dangerous. You forget that dog, an' you forget what it's gaurdin', that's between Professor Dumbledore an' Nicolas Flamel --"

"Aha, so there's someone called Nicolas Flamel involved, is there?" Harry exclaimed, victory all on his face.

Hagrid sat down, clearly furious with his slip up.

-=+=-

Christmas was just around the corner, only emphasized by the bitterly cold classrooms and hallways.

When Amisty woke that morning, she was shivering underneath her covers, only to grin in excitement as she caught sight of the snow.

"It snowed last night?" She whirled around to a half-awake Hermione, who nodded slowly, rubbing her eyes.

With a little more investigation she found the lake to be frozen and the twins were being punished for bewitched snowballs to torment Professor Quirrell.

The common room was warm and toasty with roaring fires, as well as the Great Hall. It didn't do much good to help the cold outside of them, but it was a brief point of relief.