Quidditch: Year 1

Start from the beginning

They all nodded seriously, so she pulled out the potion from her robes. "I have to take this every day in the morning from now on."

Hermione reached out to examine it, before turning to look at Amisty for approval. The raven-haired girl nodded, and she took it into her hands. Her brown eyes flicked around as she looked at the liquid sloshing inside.

"I've never seen or heard of anything like this," She commented, handing it back to Amisty.

"Are you sick?" Ron asked, concern darkening his gaze.

"I'm perfectly fine, promise. I just have to take it to help with my hearing. No more screaming in the bathrooms anymore," She joked, her grin growing as her friends laughed.

"Well, I'm glad to see you're okay," Harry smiled, eyes bright.

-=+=-

November had arrived, and with it came cold and frost lined windows. The hallways were freezing, with the dungeons being worst of all. Potions was more miserable than ever, the cold seeming to seep into her bones as she stood there listening to Snape's drawl.

That wasn't what her concerned her, however. Instead it was the stories Harry had told her during their evening meetings.

"No way! His leg was all scratched up?" She asked, emerald-eyes wide with shock and terror.

"Yes! He was furious. I bet you he wants my head now," Harry replied, clearly enjoying telling the story.

"Be careful, Harry. You're going to get into major trouble if you don't watch yourself," Amisty sighed, dropping her chin onto her hand.

"You can't talk, Miss I'm Going To Murder Draco Malfoy," He retorted, raising an eyebrow at her teasingly.

"Shut up!" She laughed, shoving his shoulder. "He would deserve it anyway."

"Say that again, I think everyone would I agree with you," Harry continued, recovering from her jostle to mess up her hair.

"Hey! I just brushed this!" She wailed, slapping his hands away.

"It's as messy as ever. If anything I fixed it," He shot back, crossing his arms across his chest to look at her.

"I'm going to bed before you ruin my masterpiece," She exclaimed, stomping, quietly mind you, to the girls dormitory.

"Good night, Amisty!" Harry called softly, waving as his laughter broke up his voice slightly.

"Night!" She rolled her eyes as she waved from the stop of the staircase.

-=+=-

The sun shone through the dormitory windows, so bright it even made it through the thick velvet curtains that surrounded the beds.

Amisty rolled around in her bed, not wanting to get up from her slumber.

"Amisty! Get up! Today's the Quidditch game!" Hermione's voice, as well as a pair of arms shaking her, jolted her awake.

Her eyes slowly opened, and she rubbed them so she could see properly. Hermione had slid the curtains to the side so the sun was a spotlight on her and was the culprit of the shaking.

She handed her the potion bottle, which Amisty took with gratitude. Uncorking the top, she tipped her head back and swallowed a mouthful.

A wave of relief washed over her as the taste was far from bitter. Instead it was fresh and piney tasting, like the smell of a forest after a thunderstorm. Hermione watched her with anxious eyes, still perched at the edge of her bed.