Chapter 2 ~ Meeting an Actor

Start from the beginning

Where are you? I’m at Starbucks J

Send… Ding! Huh?

I jumped and turned around to see the guy I searched up yesterday. Tobuscus, he’s here. I freaked out for a second or two and lost myself for a moment.

“Uh… your coffee, miss” I looked up to see the boy behind the counter holding out my coffee. I giggled and grabbed it. He smiled. “Have a nice day”

“Thank you, you too” I said softly. He walked off. I turned around and thought of a good way to approach this. I couldn’t just walk over and I couldn’t just sit somewhere else. Oops!

I slipped and dropped my coffee. I hit my face on a wet floor sign. I sat up with tears streaming down my face and blood coming out of my nose. Toby was the only person beside an employee who actually got up to help, everyone else just stared.

“Oh, here’s some napkins. Run off to the restroom and wash up” I nodded with my vision half blurry and stood up. I waddled to the restroom. I cleaned up and when my nose finally stopped bleeding I walked out. He ran up to me. “Here’s your coffee”

“Oh no, I dropped my coffee. It spilled all over the floor” I said as I refused the beverage.

“Yeah, but the employee got you another” he said. I took it and smiled.

“Thanks for getting it for me, Mr. Turner” He gasped with a smile and I just sipped my coffee with a wink. We got to talking. I couldn’t look him in the eyes. I’m just so much a dork. I can’t talk to boys or grown men unless they’re family. We sat at a table and we just sipped on our coffee as we skimmed through our phones. I finally put my cup down and he imitated me.

“So, Mr. Turner…” He smiled and lifted one eyebrow. What did I do? I did something wrong, no!

“Please, call me Toby” he laughed and I blushed. I giggled and he awed making me fall back and hit my seat hard. I tried to play it off but I was starting to feel dizzy.

“Okay then Toby. So, you have agreed to be the topic of my report but uh…” I feel like throwing up. He picked up my head.

“You don’t look too good. I guess you hit your head harder than you thought” I giggled.

“You noticed, huh?” He nodded and laughed.

“I’ll get you some ice” He walked off and I fished my phone out of my bag. I wrote some notes. 1. Speak properly 2. Don’t hurt yourself 3. Stop being an idiot 4. Stop being nervous 5. You’re doing everything wrong 6. Keep it together! An ice pack was placed on my head. It was really cold.

“Thank you” I said softly. He laughed as he sat down.

“Keep it together, little one!” he mocked.

“Oh shush!” I said. We laughed and I put the ice down. “So, like I was trying to say. My assignment was to learn about the life of an actor. To see what they do, the process of their day. So, my teacher has told me to ask if you would let me follow you around for a couple days. Only until I have enough for my report”

“So, you’d be like my follower? Lettering things down as I go...” I nodded.

 “Yes, I need to write down what an average life for an actor is or something like that. If you don’t mind me following you around but you probably do so I’ll just-” I got up and he grabbed my hand before I took it off the table.

“Will you judge me? I do some weird things during the day” I made a disgusted face and he laughed. “Don’t worry little one. Count me in for your report I’d be happy to have you around but I have to warn you it might get a bit too crazy at times”