20. Hogwarts Hit List - Must be magic.

Start from the beginning

"We must contact the parents," a sad sigh escaped McGonagall's lips, knowing that she would have to write the dreaded letters to parents, two of which she knew weren't in the slightest in agreement with what their child thought.

Minerva had her suspicions of what happened to the eight purebloods, to the bodies and the students who she knew had shouted vulgar words to innocent victims, though the thoughts that occurred in her mind were simply blasphemous, there was no way she could ever think that another student could have inflicted this pain on these students.

"Alessia," Professor Dumbledore spoke, his voice was oddly calm but Alessia had noticed that before with the man, he never seemed at all phased with everything that went on, he just seemed casual, "did you see anything at all suspicious when you were on your walk?"

"No," Alessia whispered, her voice was shaky and croaky, dry too, she hadn't talked since the professors had arrived, she felt drained of any communication, she was simply terrified, "it was a little damp down at the lake, as though someone had been in the water and had gotten water all over the grass but I knew that wasn't true because it was raining, it just seemed wetter at that patch at the lake."

"Alright," McGonagall interfered, sending a sympathetic smile Alessia's way.

"Am I in trouble?" Alessia asked quietly, her eyes glazed with tears. She had read up on Hogwarts, on the school she was so excited to attend, and going home for Christmas was a much boring, she loved the castle with all of her heart, but the image of those bodies would forever haunt her mind.

"No, no of course not."

-

"Oh merlin, oh my gosh, oh my - why aren't you freaking out?!" Estella screeched, her hand gripping her hair as she paced the Slytherin dormitory, turning suddenly to Theo on the bed who was chilling with a book in his hand, allowing Estella to pace the room frantically.

Theo, at first, was rather shocked when he had heard the news that the bodies he and Estella had dumped in the lake had risen to the surface, but after a few hours of Estella's continuous pacing, the shock had managed to leave his body, instead he was trying to think of a more logical way to deal with the new-found bodies, and the new found knowledge to the other students that their friends and fellow students didn't run away to join Voldemort, but rather, had been murdered.

"I'm going to be the target, everyone was going to know it's me," Estella whispered, banging her head on the wooden post, "I am going to be hunted, Theodore Dawson, and you don't even care!"

Theo rolled his eyes as he placed down the book in his hand. He pushed himself over to the edge of the bed, pulling on her thighs so that she would stumble in front of him, and soon was she sitting in his lap, her sobs silenced by his neck in which her head was nuzzled into, clinging to him whilst he whispered words of reassurance in her ear.

"No one is going to find out, Estella," Theo mumbled softly, pressing soft kisses to every inch of her face that he could possibly reach. His hand rubbed her legs as she sat on him, tracing soft patterns of hearts and stars over her bare skin whilst she gripped onto him as tightly as she could.

"You don't know that," she choked out, a frown evidently on her lips, "they're going to accuse me like it's their job, they tried to when they thought they had simply ran away, it's going to be hell, what if the Professors find out?!"

"They may accuse you but they have no proof, baby," Theo mumbled into her ear, clutching her tightly, and soon did he push himself up to the top of the bed with her still cradled on his lap, "they might accuse you of anything, and they can do that but they can't send you to jail for their words, they can't send you to jail with no proof.

The wizarding world is so different, if they think they were murdered then they're going to think they used wands, and maybe they can track spells but they can't track knives or guns, and they'll see the marks but they won't be able to show who it was, because who would really have a gun at Hogwarts?

They don't know what happened, or who did it, it could have been anyone and just because the students are accusing you because you stuck up for me and the other muggleborn's, doesn't mean that you are automatically the person to kill them," Theo sighed, running his hand softly through her hair before pulling back the quilt on her bed, and gently lying her beside him, "you have been stressing for hours, baby, and you don't need to."

"But what if the Professors decide to interview me or something, or interrogate me because of the blame everyone is putting on me, what do I do then?!" she asks, leaning on his chest whilst he wrapped his arm tightly around her.

"You act like you have no idea, even act accused, Estella, tell them that you would never do anything like that, and never dream of it, that you only hurt those purebloods because they shouted things at innocent people, but you wouldn't go as far as too kill them, turn it around on them, Estella," Theo mumbled, pressing kisses to her skin, "you've seen muggle movies, you know how to get away with it!"

He leaned down to the bottom of his bed, grabbing one of his hoodies and gesturing for Estella to take off the dress she wore, which she did silently, allowing Theo to put the hoodie over her body to make her much more comfortable as she lay with him.

"I don't want you having any part of this, Theo," she whispered after a few minutes of dead silence. Theo had actually thought she had fell asleep when he went back to reading his book but it was nothing of the sort, she was thinking, her mind was in overdrive as she lay there. She was much too comfortable to move, and she couldn't deny that his words had soothed her, but her mind was replaying many 'what if' statements whilst she tried her best to push the thoughts from her mind.

"We're at team," Theo said simply whilst he tightened his grip on her, "he did this together and if anything happens - which it won't - then it will happen whilst we're together. I'm not leaving you alone with this Estella, I never will and I don't plan to, I know you just want to protect me but I'm a big boy, I can protect myself more than you think."

"Still," she mumbled, her hand slipped under the t-shirt he wore, her fingertips dancing along the skin whilst he hummed at her touch, allowing the soft laugh to escape her lips as they lay there, "I'm sorry for being so frantic, Theo, I'm just scared."

"I know you are, baby girl," Theo lifted her chin, pressing his lips to hers slowly, his hand moving from her chin to her hair whilst the moan tumbled from her mouth to his. She moved herself so that she was straddling his waist, his face in her hands whilst he deepened the kiss and her soft moans filled the room when his hands trailed up her legs.

"You know somehow you're able to ease my mind," she murmured, moving her lips to his cheek and soon trailing down his jaw, "must be magic."

He couldn't help but laugh as he held her closer, nodding his head softly, he whispered, "must be."