Ch 3 - Observations Pt2

~~ A/N: WARNING! PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE CONTINUING!! ~~

For those who may not have played the game, and even for those who did, there is an in-canon attempt of suicide in this chapter. I know I can't actually stop people from reading it, but PLEASE skip this chapter if you need to. I am not shying away from this because it is an important canon motivation for the main characters and it will be a factor for important altered events later in the story.

If y'all want me to, I can give a short summary of the important facts at the beginning of the next chapter so those who skip this chapter won't lose out on some key pieces of information.

Please let me know in a comment or message me if you would like this. I'm not doing the summary now because I would like to get the next chapter done without delay. This being said, I have no heartburn taking time to do so if requested as I want all of you to be able to enjoy the story. Even if someone asks after the next chapter is published, I will be happy to edit the beginning to include it!

Knowing what is to come, please read at your discretion.

~~~~~

The next day was back to the same school routine but you kept your eyes and ears trained on those around you. You didn't hear much that was new beyond the occasional minor rumor, like a cat taking residence in the school. Even if it was something related to volleyball, it was something that had no relevance to what you were looking for, like a girl wanting Mr. Kamoshida's autograph.

The day after, however, was an unfortunate treasure trove of information.

~~ April 15: Morning ~~

While Mr. Ushimaru lectured the class, you had your attention on the doodle in the margins of your notes. Having read ahead by the instruction of your mom, you were now sitting there bored. As such, you only half-paid attention to what was going on.

"So, I assume you all know about the separation of powers? There are three branches in our government.The National Diet is legislative, the Cabinet is executive, and the Supreme Court is judiciary. This division of power provides checks and balances, which ensures no one branch becomes unstoppable." Mr. Ushimaru droned on, until a sudden meow echoed through the room. "Hm? Did I just hear a cat just now?"

At that, the entire class, except for you, started looking around for the source of the meows.

"Could that rumored cat be somewhere nearby...?" Mr. Ushimaru continued as he looked over the class, which started chattering. "Settle down! We're in the middle of an important lecture!" Getting the silence he commanded, he turned back to the chalkboard and continued where he left off.

You only broke your concentration when the boy at the front right of the class loudly spoke with a panicked tone.

"Hey... What's that...!?" The boy was now standing and looking out the window towards the hallway.

Mr. Ushimaru was not taking kindly to the continued interruptions. "Enough! This is a classroom!"

The female student who sat behind the boy gasped. "Wait... She's going to jump...!"

At the grave announcement, the class began to chatter in a panic and several others began to stand up around you, a few even started heading out to the hallway. "For real?" "Hey, let's go!" "No, way!" "Huh, is she gonna commit suicide?" "Someone should do something!" "Let's go look!"

You watched Yuuki stand up as well, concern lacing his voice. "Suzui...?" Even from the opposite side of the classroom, you saw him trembling. You couldn't see his expression, but you could feel the worry and fear coming off him.