Chapter Seven: Just stop

Start from the beginning

we left in her car and we arrived at school. Soon my anxiety began to creep up on me.
"Shit." I said.
"What?" Iris asked getting out.
"I'm just nervous." I said.
"It's okay just ignore him." She gave me a reassuring smile.
I got out and began to get stares. Iris did look pretty today.
"Hey Lainey." A guy came up and said hi to me.
"Uh, hey." I said shocked.
"You look really cute today." He smiled at me.
"Thanks. I'll see you later."
He nodded and walked away with a smile plastered on his face.
"Um, what?" I looked at Iris.
"It's all in the hair." He giggled.
I couldn't help to smile someone other then Cole and Iris telling me I'm pretty is so weird, but it does feel good. He didn't even look at Iris.
I was feeling happy, having Iris by my side through this has really helped me. Then I saw Cole in his hot leather jacket that he knows I can't resist. He had his hair messy and ripped jeans.
Oh my gosh, he is beautiful.
Damn it!
I started to feel sad again but I didn't let it show. He gazed at me from a distance. I didn't look at him for too long.
"Let's go girlie!" Iris pulled me away.
The was pretty hard, just the fact I couldn't talk to Cole or even look at him for too long. I wish he would just talk to me already.
I walked into the class that I had with him and I sat in my usual seat. No way was I going to give up my seat for this stupid head.
Wow Lainey is that you got? What are you in second grade?
He came and sat next to me. I was actually really surprised. I didn't even look at him once.
Cole's POV
It was a horrible day... I couldn't kiss Lainey or even smile at her. It's so hard not to tell her about my day.
I just glared at her the whole class. She didn't even look at me once. Wow... I guess I mean nothing to her.
Travis was right. I mean she didn't even bother to call or text me.
"Cole!" The teacher yelled, "what's the circumference of F?"
"345.677 repeating."
"Right."
I turned my attention back to Lainey and she was looking at me this time.
"I guess we're over." I muttered.
"You're the one ending it, not me." She folded her arms and looked at the teacher.
"You're the one who was kissing people."
"You're a dumb ass that won't listen to me. He came up to me and started kissing me. He was too strong and drunk to push off."
"You're the bitch who won't stop lying." I was fuming.
"You're the asshole who texted me you never want to speak to me again!" She got up and asked the teacher to go to the bathroom.
We only had five minutes left of class anyways, so she brought her stuff.
What did she mean by I texted her to never speak to me again. I didn't even have my phone...
"What the hell..." I whispered to myself.
Then it hit me like a pile of bricks. Travis!
I was seriously going to kill him!
The bell rang and I furiously walked through the hall not caring about who I ran into. Then I found him...
"TRAVIS!" I shouted.
"What's up dude?" He asked like he did nothing.
I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pushed him up against the lockers.
"Why would you do that to me!?" I shouted in his face.
I may have even spit.
"W-what do you mean?" He knew exactly what I was talking about.
"You texted Lainey!? That I never want to speak to her again?"
"Oh uh that... funny story."
I backed up and punch him right in his face.
I could seriously just kill him.
He fell to the ground up and then tackled me to the ground.
"Bro! I was doing it for you!" He punched me in the face too.
"You were doing it for your self!" I hit him again and again.
His nose started to bleed. He ended up getting another punch in my face.
Soon teachers came over and ripped us away from each other. I looked in the crowd and Lainey was watching she looked mortified. Travis and I were dragged to the principals office.
"Two days suspension for the both of you!" He spat.
"Ugh." I groaned.
"We don't stand violence." The principal shouted a little bit.
We both nodded and I applied the ice they gave me to my swollen eye.
Travis looks like he had a broken nose. I don't know what I was hoping to achieve but I sure do feel better.
I always thought that he would win in a fight between us but I guess not.
I exited the principals and Iris was right there and gave me a dirty look.
"Iris, Travis texted those things to Lainey and then deleted it off of my phone so I wouldn't know.
I licked the blood off of my split lip. I thought I saw Iris angry but this time she look like she was going to beat the crap out of Travis herself.
"You need to tell Lainey while I go end someone's life." She stomped away.
"I know, I heard." Lainey had her arms crossed.
"I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have ditched you that night. I don't know what I was thinking."
"Just stop." She shook her head, "you don't get to act like that... you don't get to call me those things."
"Oh, gosh, what did I say?"
"You called me a cheating fat slut." She bit her lip trying not to cry.
"I was drunk I didn't know what I was saying! I'm really sorry."
"I can't right now... sorry Cole." She walked away, I think she needs to think about it.
Travis walked out pissed knowing he's in a shit load of trouble.
I couldn't even talk to him or even look at him.
Iris's POV
•Ask my brother to drive you home because I'm going to fuck Travis up.•
I texted Lainey. The school day ended and I hopped into my car and drove to Travis's house. I was so Livid I could literally rip off his head.
I let my self in and I slammed the door.
"TRAVIS!" I shouted.
I walked into his bedroom and pulled him off the bed.
"Get up!"
"What? I already know I fucked up."
"Clearly you don't fucking care about other people."
He got up and started to walk outside.
"What are you doing?" I asked following him.
"I'm going to throw my self in front of a car because no one seems to care or even like me anymore."
"Just stop!" I pulled him out of the street. "Let's talk about it."
"You don't understand Iris." He yelled looking towards me.
A car started to speed down the street. They were going way above the speed limit.
"Travis watch out!" I screamed.
The car kept coming at full speed. Travis was knocked down by the car.
I called 911 and they were on their way.
The car didn't even bother to stop either.
"No, no, no!"
The ambulance came and they rushed him to the hospital.
Lainey's POV
"Do you mind if we go back to your house, because I forgot a couple of my things."
"Sure thing." Caleb smiled at me.
"Thanks."
We arrived at his house and I ran upstairs to grab the things I left.
I turned around and Caleb was right there.
My heart jumped, "fuck, you scared me."
I giggled and went back to what I was doing.
"You and Cole are broken up?"
I nodded painfully.
"Break ups are always hard."
"Yeah."
He came close to me, like invading my air space close. I looked at him like he was crazy.
He leaned in and kissed me gently. I didn't know what to do so I just stood there.
"I've always liked you."
"Oh my gosh! Caleb your my best friends brother!"
"So..." he kissed me again but more passionately.
"Everything is a shit show right now I can't be in it deeper than I already am." I said.
My phone started ringing and it was Iris.
This must have been an emergency because Iris only texts.
"Hello?" I asked.
"T-Travis." She sniffled, "hospital."
She managed to get out.
"I'll be there as soon as I can."
I told Caleb and we ran to the car. I personally don't like Travis, but I have to be there for Iris. Because whatever just happened must have been bad.
"What do you think happened?" Caleb asked.
"I don't know maybe he fell or something." I said.
"You don't think he tried to hurt himself...?"
"Oh no. Not Travis."
I got to the hospital and ran up to Iris. I hugged her and didn't ask what happened yet.
The doctor came up as soon as Cole got there.
"He's going to be fine he's got a couple broken ribs and a concussion. What you were describing to police and based off of his pervious records, we feel that we should admit him into our 72 hour program."
"What? He didn't do it on purpose." Iris said.
"Just to be safe we have to since he's still seventeen:"
"Ugh jeez." His mom looked annoyed.
"What do you mean by past?" I whispered in Iris's ear.
She just shrugged.

Being the Ugly Fat FriendOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara