1.0

"You know what, no. Fuck you Ridley" I screamed, storming out of the elevator as the doors opened.

Old lady Padgett,  stood by the elevator doors her sparse eyebrows raised, looking from me into the elevator with a concerned and confused look on her face. A large groan escaped my lips, fully fed up with the day.

"The guy was a complete asshole, so not the right guy for you!" Ridley defended himself walking out of the elevator behind me. 

"Are you okay Stevie?" Mrs. Padgett asked concerned. She couldn't see Ridley, no one could.

"I'm fine, covered in bolognese sauce, but fine. sorry about that Mrs. Padgett" I apologized to the older lady.

" I saved you from a terrible mistake with that sauce" Ridley added, I could feel my eye twitch.

Mrs. Padgett walked into the elevator, I spun quickly on my heels, ignoring Ridley as he looked from me to the older lady. I stormed to my apartment unlocking the door I slammed it harshly behind me, causing the picture on the wall to shake.

Hanging my purse and jacket up I walked over to my couch flopping onto my eyes watching the door. It only took a couple seconds for Ridley to casually glide through the door, his body going translucent for a couple seconds before returning to an almost solid state.

"You can't seriously be that mad at me?" Ridley questioned strolling over.

"Fuck you" I snapped rolling to my side and turning the Tv on.

To say I was mad at Ridley was an understatement. He always did this to me, I'd meet a nice guy that wasn't Bodhi, hang out with him a couple times. Then Ridley would get jealous, he start appearing on our hangouts making his presence more known, then eventually doing something stupid to make me look insane.

This time, he took it upon himself to knock my plate of spaghetti bolognese out of the waiter's hands and all over me. I naturally snapped at him, for doing so and of course looked like a loon in front of the entire restaurant screaming at someone who wasn't even there.

I could feel Ridley watching me as I ignored him, he walked around the couch even blocking my vision of the TV. I did my best to pretended he wasn't there, something that was easier said than done. Ridley stopped at the side of the couch, he crouched down by my head.

He sat there for a few minutes just staring at me, I could feel his eyes begging to look at me. The guilt started to build up inside me. I knew how much he hated being ignored, how it made him feel. He had been alone for so long before I met him,  He could see everyone, everything, but no one saw him. 

I was six when I first saw Ridley, we had just moved into a rustic house outside of town.  Ridley had been hanging around the kitchen watching my mom unpack dishes when I first saw him. When I asked mom who he was, she was confused. Ridley was in shock,  and when I answered his question, I swear if ghosts could faint, he would of. 

Back then everyone thought Ridley was just my imaginary friend, a part of childhood. Even I thought he was, but as I got older. Ridley stayed, he even seemed to age a bit, but not as fast as I did. It wasn't until high school and the doctors prescribing me cocktails of pills for me to realize, Ridley wasn't imaginary and I wasn't crazy. He was dead,  A ghost.

When I told Ridley my discovery, he wasn't surprised. He knew something wasn't right, but he couldn't remember what happened. He couldn't remember where he came from, all he remembered was a name. 

"Stevie..." I could hear Ridleys voice crack as he stroked my strawberry blonde locks.

I sighed giving into him, rolling onto my stomach I rested my chin on the arm of the couch and looked up at Ridley. I could see the pain in his eyes and it pained me inside, I reached my hand out over the couch. My fingers inches away from Ridley's face, I gently brushed my fingers across his skin, it was cold like ice. 

Ridley leaned into my hand, placing his larger one over top of mine he stroked his thumb against the back of my hand. with his other hand he reached out and touched my face,  the coldness instantly forming goosebumps.

"I.. I can't... I can't lose you, Stevie, with out you... I'm invisible... I'm less than that... With you, I'm nothing. I don't exist" Ridley whimpered as he looked at me his amber eyes pleading.

"I'm not going anywhere, Ridley. I'm right here, I'll always be here" I cooed stroking his face gently.