20.) Is it too late now to say sorry?

Start from the beginning

"I know this shit feel wrong, but I see something between us." He sighed and scratched his head. "I wish shit was simple right now. I wouldn't hesitate to make you mine."

"Brandon—"

"Bri—have you seen my keys?" Kiah asked as she stomped lazily down the stairs. "Oh my bad, I didn't know you had company."

"Wassup." He gave her a curt head nod. She returned it and continued down the stairs. Her mid-back length hair was all over her head and her eyes were low.

"Thanks for the ride." She saluted him with two fingers.

"So am I the only one who didn't know how we got home?"

"Yes." Valencia said out of nowhere as she came down the steps now. "Good morning everybody."

"Good morning." We said lowly as she came and joined us.

"I'm never drinking again."

"I'm surprised you didn't let bartender bae get in your guts last night." Kiah teased. "Especially with the way y'all were dancing."

"Was I that bad?" Valencia asked softly. She pressed her head against the cold countertop and sighed.

"So what are we doing today?"

"I wanna take my mother out to brunch," I answered. "If she ever answers my text."

"I thought I took that from you?" Kiah said questioningly as she pointed to my phone.

"Why?" I asked in horror as I tossed it down on the counter.

"You wanna tell her or—" She raised both her eyebrows and tucked her lips in.

"You kept calling me last night even after I dropped y'all off." He said folding his arms and leaning back on the stool.

"Did I leave any voicemails?" I asked lowering my head and putting my hands on my face.

"Plenty. I'm using them when I go to the studio."

"No you will not." I shook my head.

"Well—I'm taking Val home. I'm sure pastor Krodell is looking for her."

"Oh yes!" She said suddenly leaping down from the stool. "Bye Bri! love you!"

"Wait—"

It was useless they jetted out of the front door slamming it behind them. It felt forced between us. I was hoping he'd leave next.

"Bri."

"Shh." I told him putting my hand up to stop him. "I'm am sick of hearing the whole we can't be together thing. I get it. Shit is hectic and we ain't ever gone be together. No need to keep saying it. I get it."

"Don't say it like that." He said coming to pull me into his arms. See what I mean. He can't do these kinds of things and think that my feelings aren't going to grow for him.

"Like what? How it is?" I asked while slightly pushing back to look him in his face. I breathed in his cologne and sighed as I thought how bad I needed to stay away from him.

"I'm hungry man—let's go eat." He told me as he released me from our second hug.

"Do you see what I look like right now?" I asked in disbelief. "Besides. I wouldn't wanna give off the wrong impression."

"What's wrong with what you got on? And stop mocking me." He lowered his eyes and mugged me.

"Everything!" I said as a matter of fact. "I am not going in public like this."