one

"okay, lick a gas station bathroom or help me with my calculus homework?" i ask my boyfriend, shawn, plopping onto his bed as i walked into his room.

"which gas station?" he squints his eyes as if he was trying to decide.

i gasp and hit him with my binder, making us both of us laugh. "help me!" i whine.

"okay, okay." he laughs and opens my text book to the appropriate page and flips open my binder. by help, i mean he does the work for me to at least get a passable grade. school just wasn't my thing.

i look around his room, spotting his guitar in the corner. "still posting those covers on youtube?" i ask.

he looks up from my textbook. "what? oh. yeah, sometimes." he shrugged it off and went back to writing numbers on the paper.

i never really thought much of it. i knew shawn liked singing, i was kinda the one who told him he should share it, but he always turned the idea down. he said it was just a hobby and singing wasn't going to get him into law school. but a few months ago, he warmed up to the idea and posted a video of him singing a team by ed sheeren.

"here. all done." he said, dropping the pencil on the paper, pushing the finished paper towards me.

"nice work, mendes." i smirk. "did i ever tell you how much i loved you?"

"yeah, yeah. where's my payment?" he smirks, opening his arms for me.

i push the textbooks aside, straddling his lap as my fingers hook at the bottom of his shirt, quickly taking it off.

god, i love this boy.