[Thirteen: New Friend]

Start from the beginning

He turned to face me.

He had an older look to him, but I knew I was older. His hair was styled and he wore a suit.

Rhys walked towards me looking concerned.

"How are you feeling?" He still had a concerned look.

"I'm fine now. Still sore."

"Well I made tea to help with that." Rhys says as he hands me the cup.

"Thanks." I take a small sip before putting it on the bedside table.

"Why were you shot at?"

"My parents want to keep me at the palace so I could already be married off. They think that my escapes and involving myself in helping others than our kind is stupid."

My words seen to have affected Rhys. He looked pissed off, but as soon as I saw that emotion it was gone.

"I see where are you headed to?"

"Forks Washington. I've got really good friends and a tribe I help there. They're like my family. Nothing like my parents."

"The king and queen seem like terrible parents but they govern just fine."

"I know they're great rulers terrible parents." Sighing I get up from the bed.

"Where are my bags?"

"Over in the living room. You spelled them right?"

"Yes, how did you know? Not much of us know about our affinity to magic."

"I know. I used to spend so much time in Norway. That's where I found out we were great at magic but not much knew. I soon left after I got really good at it."

"Wow that's amazing. If you don't mind me asking how old are you?"

"I'm 278. Young compared to you." Rhys said with a chuckle.

"You little." I didn't finish my sentence but I threw a pillow at him.

We both erupted in laughter.

"Why am I so comfortable with you. I just meet you." I said giving him a sincere smile.

"It may be because I saved you. But I feel the same." He said returning the smile.

"Well I feel rested enough." I said rolling my shoulders.

Without warning my wings materialize.

"What! These things have a mind of their own. I'm sorry if I cause a mess."

"It's alright." He says as he stares at them.

Moving towards me he touches an area of my wings. I shiver from his touch.

"They're injured still." His voice is low.

"You can stop touching them please. They're really sensitive."

My words are betrayed by my wings. They lean into his touch.