Chapter 6

How's your day going? Joseph texted me when we got home.

You did this on purpose -_-

You wanted to stay home for the day so I let him stay home too.

Not even discussing it with me

Ahhh, so the table have turned now

Okay I get it. But do unto others as you would have them do unto you, right?

And you didn't like it when I didn't discuss a decision with you. Just like I didn't like it when you gave away how much money without discussing it with me first.

I'm sorry :/

I bet you are.

Are you mad???

No

One word answers now....I see

"Mommy, can I feed the bird?!" Keenan called to me from the living room.

"Yes, you can feed the bird." I said from the kitchen table.

You should be spending time with your son. He replied.

He's feeding Captain Beak. He's busy.

Smh.

What?

He saw the message, but he didn't answer.

You're mad. I said.

I'm not mad.

You're lying.

I'm working.

You're using that as an excuse. And if you were working, you wouldn't have messaged me in the first place. I know you, Joseph, but clearly not enough because I thought we were past this, given the fact that we made up.

He read the message and didn't answer. I was getting frustrated.....so I pinged him.....eight times. Still no answer.

JOSEPH

Forget about it Breanne. We're past this, okay?

No. obviously we're not!

Why won't you drop this

Because you're mad at me and I don't want you to be mad at me because I said I was sorry and I meant it and I thought you forgave me, but clearly you didn't or we wouldn't be talking about this right now!!! Tell me how to fix this. You want me to put the fifteen thousand back in the account from my own account?

Keep your money.

NO!

Bree, relax. 

No.

I immediately wiped away the tear that rolled down my face, and sniffed. Ever since I was young, I couldn't stand people being mad at me. I felt no ways about what I did wrong until I found out it affected someone negatively and I was instantly sorry. That's how I was, and that's how I am.

He replied a moment later after I wiped a dozen more tears away.

You finished crying now?

....

We're past this now, okay?

okay