Chapter 4

"How did you sleep?" He asked, as he opened the fridge and took out the milk.

"I couldn't sleep." I said, stirring my tea. I watched him as he made his hot chocolate.

"Is that so?..."

I nodded. His back initially facing me, he turned his head around while stirring his drink.

"Do you know why?" He said.

I shook my head. "Not a clue."

Lie.

I did have a clue. It was a rather bizarre clue, though; more like embarrassing. Somehow, I felt like I couldn't sleep because of this outlandish, weird kind of connection I feel like Mr. Dude and I have. I mean, hear me out. Isn't it strange that we both couldn't sleep around the same time, and how we technically tried out the same remedies to fall asleep, and that eating something was both our last option, and how when I texted him, he almost instantly replied like he'd been waiting for me to text him and wasn't thinking about playing it cool at all?

I sipped my tea and blushed a little at that thought.

I was so sure if he had my number he would have texted me first. I mean, I think he would. But then again he may be playing one of those mind games guys like to play on girls. I mean, men to women! I'm a woman. I shook my head at my mistake and looked up to see Joseph watching me with interest and question.

Did he ask me something?

"Did you say something?" I asked.

"Never mind, I'll do it."

He took his last sip of his drink, put the empty cup in the sink, and walked out seeming frustrated.

Was I remote for that long??

I sighed and continued to drink my tea.

 •••

 I was showered with "good morning"s the moment I gave my keys to the valet. I returned the good morning, of course. I'm not a bad person. I guess you can just consider me the nicest CEO in the business ;). Not to be cocky or anything, but in the movies the CEOs I see are just...horrible and super egotistical and always on their Bluetooth or iPhones, giving commands and expecting them to be done that day or else someone's getting fired. And they have absolutely no respect for anyone but themselves. That's all they care about; themselves. Until the ghosts of the past present and future come along and change their ways or whatever.-- I wonder what Mr. Dude does for a living...he seems pretty wealthy.--  Me, I don't think I'm anything like them.

"Grace!?" I called out to one of my co-workers from afar and she came over to me.

"Yes, Mrs. Tremor." She said as we walked and talked.

"Would you consider me horrible, egotistical, disrespectful, demanding, bossy, and or self-centered? And don't lie to me."

"No, of course not. You're the nicest CEO in the business, Mrs. Tremor! The best boss in the world!"

I'm joking she didn't say that.

"No, of course not. I think you're very direct, organized and the only boss I've worked for that is completely certain of what their doing. Very professional, too if I should say myself." 

"Thank you."

"Is that all?"

"Yes, thank you, it is." As she walked away, I turned into my office and closed the door behind me, plopping my purse on my desk.

I instantly sighed as I sat down in the most comfortable rolly chair ever, and said "life is good......". I looked out the window at the view. There wasn't much to look at in the morning, but it was amazing in the night time. "Life is really good."