Losing Sleep and Sanity

High school came storming around the corner like I owed it money. Soon after the summer started, I started my first intimate relationship with a boy named Jeremy. This kid was my heart, my soul, and my will to live. I was so excited to be dating someone not only older than me, but someone in a higher grade than me. I felt like a total badass because my boyfriend was in 10th grade. Here's the funny part, he was considered one of the weird kids. Jeremy was about 5'4, with light blonde hair, crystal blue eyes, and he was on the chubby side with a fair complexion. I was 5'0 with nearly jet black hair, dark brown eyes, on the chubby side as well, and I had a chocolate skin complexion. Yes, we were gravely made fun of nearly every single day. As we walked through the halls, everyone stared, laughed, or whispered about us. I didn't care..that was the man that I loved and I was proud to be with him.
          Now, time to backtrack. On the first day, I felt so lost and out of place. Finding Asher that morning was my greatest relief. I had missed her so much and I couldn't believe that she had completely changed. Her clothes were better, her hair was darker, and her converse were on point as always. "Max, we meet again!" she shouted. I was so happy to see her that I couldn't move as soon as we locked eyes. I was frozen with joy to have the one person who understood me back in my life. We had only one class together that year, but I lived for the days that I could walk into health class and see her sitting in the desk before mine. We hugged and she showed me where she and our other friends had been sitting in the cafeteria. "Man, I didn't miss getting up every morning" I said, groaning as I ate my nasty school breakfast. "You look great, but your attitude is terrible. You have a boyfriend here, and we get to see each other again. What more could you possibly want?!" she exclaimed. For some reason, I just had a terrible feeling that my day would go horribly. " I just hate not knowing where things are, you know? I hate being lost." I said. "Well, cheer up. Homeroom is about to start. Give me your schedule so I can see if we have the same teacher." I handed over my schedule, hoping that her friendly face would be in there. "Damn.." she said under her breath. I picked my head up from the table and looked at her. "What? different teachers?" I asked her. The nervousness poured from the back of my throat. "Yeah.." she said. All of her enthusiasm was gone and her mostly blue eyes turned completely green. "You have Coach Watersworth and I have Mr. Gains." I put my head back down and sighed into the table as the bell rang. The Dynamic Duo...separated. I hugged her one last time before we went our separate ways. "See you at lunch?" she asked, midhug. "Wouldn't miss it for the world." I said as I started to let go. We smiled at each other after the hug ended, and as I went right, she went left.
          When I walked into my first class, I instantly had chills. "Wow, new group of people." I said to myself. I had a few people that looked familiar, but no one that I really liked. I just wanted Asher so she could slap me silly and tell me that I was being totally ridiculous for not being excited. I just sat there and looked at people until my first actual high school class started. When the bell rang to go, I walked out of the classroom last because I was awkward. As soon as I stepped into the hallway, I nearly died because most of the taller kids couldn't see me. To make matters worse, I had no idea where I was going and I couldn't find Jeremy anywhere. That day was so horrible. I asked at least 2 teachers where to go per class. Towards the end of the day, I hadn't seen Asher at all because I couldn't find her at lunch. When I walked outside to go to student pick-up, I saw Jeremy standing there waiting for me. "Why didn't you tell me that it was a freakin' jungle in there?!" I roared. He pulled me close and kissed my head. That always defused my drama bombs. The driver of his car honked the horn so he kissed me in a hurry and left. There I was, all alone. Elijah was talking to some people she knew not too far from me, so I watched as she laughed and had her fun. My first day was unforgettable. I thought the year would turn out better than that. The year was actually pretty great. I was right until the end of the year.
          This, my friends, is where I share a very conflicting part of my high school experience. I got into my second school fight. My first was in 7th grade because a boy disrespected me. Anyway, I blame all of this on a terrible and lazy teacher I had named Mr. Williams. This man asked me to go around and hand out papers, so I did. There's always that one kid who wants to be an absolute dickhead just to impress his friends. Long story short, he decided to come for me even though I did not send for him. This boy and I started fighting because I didn't give him a paper since he was being rude, and he decided to push me. I don't believe I did this but everyone tells me that I hit him with a stapler when I blacked out. When I came to, I was in the middle of being pinned against the science lab sinks and his fists. The fight was not fair for the simple fact that he did not let me get back up and fight like he wanted to. He wanted to win, so he did. I let him win, and I walked away with a busted lip, blood all over someone​ else's bookbag, and a trip to the nurse's office. This is where I met my other best friend, Langston. Langston had a boot on his foot because his sister somehow broke it. He was so perky and adorable. I hadn't realized that he was the kid that found my glasses at my first Halloween party earlier in the year. He started talking to me, and he even hugged me. I didn't know him at the time, but he knew me, so he felt the need to engage in conversation. I got expelled from school for the rest of that year because of that fight, and I still pay for it to this day.

Thank you so much for reading you guys!! Please tell me if this chapter was way too long or just right. I love writing soooo much :)
Be sure to vote if you like reading my content, and please, PLEASE go read my friend's story! It's called The Neighbors with a Band by Shadow__Hearts. Thank all of you for taking the time to read this..writing is my passion. I appreciate all of you!