e i g h t

I woke up to someone lightly kissing my neck, I kind of freaked out for a second until I remembered the events of last night.

I smiled and I felt Zayn's hand wrap around my waist and I decided to interlock our fingers together, "Rise and shine beautiful." Zayn said

"M'tired" I mumbled

"I'm gonna go and make breakfast, you could sleep for a few more minutes. I'll call you down once I'm done." Zayn said giving me a quick kiss on the lips

I hummed and although Zayn told me to go back to sleep, I didn't. I was now dating Zayn. My best friend.

I just know this won't last. He's my best friend and although I do find him attractive, I don't feel anything when he kisses me or touches me. I don't get the spark feeling that everyone says they get when they touch their soulmate. I know Zayn isn't my soulmate but I also know this isn't some error that our timers have. My timer is correct and so is his, but he's just wishing it would be a mistake.
Anyone who is Zayn's soulmate is going to be one lucky person.

"Niall." Zayn said waving his hand in front of me

I blinked and chuckled, "Sorry, I guess I didn't hear you." I said now getting out of bed

"I've made eggs with hash browns and bacon. Once you're done you could get dressed and I'll take you shopping." Zayn said smiling

I nodded and smiled, I walked downstairs towards the kitchen and the smell of breakfast filled the air. It's been a long time since I last had a home cooked meal bedsides last night's dinner. Last time was before my mum met my stepdad when she used to actually care about me. I shook my head and removed the thoughts of my mum.

"This looks delicious, thank you Zayn." I said giving him a kiss on the cheek

"Anything for you babe. Now eat up, I left you some clothes that I think might fit you in your room." Zayn said rubbing my back before going back upstairs

I finished breakfast rather quickly and went upstairs to go change, Zayn left me some black jeans ripped at the knee and a long sleeved shirt. The jeans fit well and so did the shirt except that the sleeves were making my hands look like paws. I shrugged and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair.

"All ready?" Zayn asked when I went downstairs

I hummed and we were off towards the mall. He turned the radio on and played some of The 1975 music which instantly made me happy. I lowered the window a bit since it was starting to get chilly outside, I loved the autumn season. Nothing better than cuddling up in front of the tv watching netflix with a cup of hot chocolate. I smiled at the thought of Zayn and I being in that scenario.

We arrived at the mall and Zayn dragged me to topman and told me to pick out any outfits that I wanted. In total I picked three outfits, I still felt bad that Zayn was buying me all this, starting tomorrow I'm going to look for a job. Maybe at the local movie theatre? Or the coffee shop close to Zayn's house Or maybe the music store, I don't know where I'll apply but I should really start working. Many people in my grade are already working and I'm here being a lazy bum doing nothing.

When we left topman Zayn was holding my hand and we were heading toward Pacsun, "Hey there's Louis." Zayn said waving over at Louis

I looked over and saw that Louis was there along with Harry. Harry and I made eye contact and he whispered something in Louis's ear which made me think it was something about me or Zayn and I.

Louis walked over to Zayn and they started catching up since they used to be friends when Zayn was a senior. Now Louis was a senior and Harry and I were juniors and I still find it weird that we're all friends with the 'higher' level of kids at our school.

Harry walked over to me and smiled, "Hey Niall, how's it going?" Harry asked patting my shoulder

I felt an itch when he touched my shoulder but I didn't think much of it, "I'm doing good." I said quite suspicious of him

I still don't fully trust him or really want to but if he is going to be nicer to me, I might as well try.

"Are you dating Zayn?" Harry whispered so only he and I heard

I nodded and he had an expression that I couldn't quite read, "Oh. Is he your-" Harry started but I cut him off

"No, no he's not. But it's mutual feelings so might as well just kick it off, it's sad since he's an amazing guy but I hope my soulmate is just as amazing as him." I said looking over at Zayn seeing as he's caught up in his conversation with Louis

Not everyone gets an amazing, kind hearted, beautiful soulmate. Having a soulmate doesn't always mean being with someone happily ever after, they could be your worst nightmare and it really is sad because the most kindest people end up in a toxic relationship. I'd rather not think about it much because it really worries me as people tell me i'm too kind.

Harry nodded and hummed, "Well, I hope everything goes alright. Maybe it's a timer error." Harry said

"No, I just know it isn't a timer error. I don't know why I feel like it isn't but there's a strong feeling that he's not my soulmate." I said shaking my head

At this point I don't know what I was doing having a conversation like I was Harry's best friend. I walked over to Zayn and said if we could finish our shopping so we could go home. He nodded and said goodbye to Louis.